Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 01:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 10:38
Hi, I am an Indian female candidate and I got acceptance from ThunderBird school of global management and Darla Moore school of Business (University of South Carolina). I need some advice to decide between the two.
Thunderbird is costing me around $25K more than USC but the question is , is it worth spending that much more money. Emplyment statstics from thunderbird doesn't look that decent.I want to pursue my career in consulting or brand management post MBA in USA. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Profile:
workEx- 5 years (2-India, 3-USA )
GMAT- 560
Post MBA Goal- Consulting
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 03 May 2012, 12:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rachiagrawal wrote:
Thank you so much Jennifer for your help !.. another thing that I noticed is that Avg work-ex at Moore school of Business is 3 years wheras at Thunderbird it is 5-6 years... that could be another reason of avg salaries are comapratively low at Moore. I want to try my luck with firms like Deloitte,Intel in west coast post MBA... Moore seems to have placements in southern east mostly.. what do you think ?

Yes, Thunderbird has much better placement in the consulting industry and in the Western US.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 03:30
Expert's post
rachiagrawal wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian female candidate and I got acceptance from ThunderBird school of global management and Darla Moore school of Business (University of South Carolina). I need some advice to decide between the two.
Thunderbird is costing me around $25K more than USC but the question is , is it worth spending that much more money. Emplyment statstics from thunderbird doesn't look that decent.I want to pursue my career in consulting or brand management post MBA in USA. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Profile:
workEx- 5 years (2-India, 3-USA )
GMAT- 560
Post MBA Goal- Consulting

This is not a question with a clear answer, unfortunately, since the statistics by which you need to make the decision do not fall in a straight line on one side or the other. For example, for an international career in the long term (even if your intention is to stay in the US upon graduation), Thunderbird is the clear winner since it has a much larger alumni base abroad than South Carolina. And Thunderbird grads average about $10K more in salary after graduation than South Carolina grads (which would mean that it would take you 2.5 years to make up the difference in cost). However, the Thunderbird grads seem to take longer to secure that first job offer after graduation: over 40% of them took up to 3 months after graduation to find a first position. Both programs have strong recruiting success in marketing/sales. In cases like this, your personal interaction with students and alumni - the information they share, the feeling you have on the campus of each program - should be the critical decision-making factor.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 06:13
Thank you so much Jennifer for your help !.. another thing that I noticed is that Avg work-ex at Moore school of Business is 3 years wheras at Thunderbird it is 5-6 years... that could be another reason of avg salaries are comapratively low at Moore. I want to try my luck with firms like Deloitte,Intel in west coast post MBA... Moore seems to have placements in southern east mostly.. what do you think ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 13 May 2012, 21:53
Hi. What are the consulting companies that recruit at Thunderbird? What is the employment rate for domestic students?
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 10:29
Expert's post
crichton11 wrote:
Hi. What are the consulting companies that recruit at Thunderbird? What is the employment rate for domestic students?

There truly is a plethora of information available on each school's website. Here are the employers who recruited at Thunderbird last year.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Hi,Asking for Advice @Thunderbird [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 01:18