Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do i calculate my GPA from percentage ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 291 [0], given: 1

How do i calculate my GPA from percentage ? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2008, 23:19
I found this article. Thought this might be useful for people around.

http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/percent ... onversion/

http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/percent ... -formulas/

Comment from Yale University Admission Officer wrote:

I strongly suggest not to use convert percentage score to GPA using any of the formulas. When student asked about converting percentage to GPA, Yale University Admission officer , resopnded

No need for you to convert. We ask for your gpa and also the scale. You would just report the 78 and a scale of 10

In the graduate school application, you will find

* What is your GPA:
* Scale :

If you have 77% then you will need to fill the application

* What is your GPA: 77
* Scale :100
check: http://som-talks.som.yale.edu/forums/showthread.php?t=279

"You have to find it. No one else can find it for you." - Bjorn Borg

Check out my GMAT blog - GMAT Tips and Strategies

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How do i calculate my GPA from percentage ? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 03:50
Well you need to divide your score by your toppers score and multiply it by ten. It is as simple as that :). It is important that your letter of recommendation for universities are good to get an admit for sure
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

Re: How do i calculate my GPA from percentage ? [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2011, 13:10
All,
I am facing this Percentage to GPA dilemma myself and after having spoken to a professor in Ivy league, I learnt that a <3.5 could be risky as it brings down the average of the entering class. I reached out to the school to find out how my 78%, and being in the top 5 in a class of 60 would be normalized to a GPA but haven't heard back. There are no grades on my mark-sheet, so all one can know is that it is an Honors degree from a certain university in India. Looking at some conversion formulae on Internet, my GPA can go as low as 2.9, which I personally feel is inaccurate.
Should I try to explain my position on percentage and all in the optional essay? Earlier I was thinking of explaining a recent job switch, the only one in last 7 years, in the optional essay. Can I explain two things in the optional essay - % and job switch?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Good Luck!!!

***Help and be helped!!!****

Re: How do i calculate my GPA from percentage ?   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2011, 13:10