Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How much work Experience is required for pursuing MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How much work Experience is required for pursuing MBA [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 02:38
Hi, I'm new to this forum (and GMAT). My apologies if this is a wrong section to post this question.

I will be giving GMAT in 5-6 months and I'm hoping to score around 650. I want to know how much work experience is need to pursue a MBA course (mostly out of INDIA)?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working in an IT company and my work profile is not all that good. I hardly get any work and I'm not at all learning anything new. I have been working for 10 months.
Which are some of the best colleges which will accept 0 work experience?
Also, is it beneficial to do MBA without any experience?
Please understand I have done BSc. in IT (with approx 60 %) and stuck with jobs with very less exposure. I want to do something better. A more responsible job.
I know I have realised it very late but if there is any way out.....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 1

Re: How much work Experience is required for pursuing MBA [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 10:10
Expert's post
It is not too late to begin working on strengthening your profile. Most B-schools require 4-5 years of work experience, so I would recommend that you acquire at least 2-3 years of work experience before you apply for MBA. Also, you may want to look for a job that challenges you and provides you opportunities to grow .

I hope it helped.

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Re: How much work Experience is required for pursuing MBA   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2012, 10:10