Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how to ensure at least 450 in gmat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

how to ensure at least 450 in gmat [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 22:03
i need to score 450 as this is the official requirement for my ms-is program.

can anyone please tell me whether these books will be enough? i'm yet to buy them.

1 ) everything verbal ( rc / sc / cr / essays ) and strategies / shortcuts - princeton

2 ) maths / ds / graphs - barron

3 ) practice tests - gmac official guide

i've heard that kaplan is not worthwhile for studying purpose as there are no tricks discussed and all the maths problems are done using step-by-step approach. also, the difficulty of practice tests is a little less than the gmac official guide, so is it still wise to buy the kaplan just for the sake of practice?

do i need to buy all the three official guides ie official guide for gmat review, official guide for gmat verbal review, and official guide for gmat quantitative review - or the first one compensates for second and third?

and which set should i read just before gmat - ONLY the official guides OR ( princeton + barron )

for toefl ibt the official requirement is 79. i'm studying from these books - are they enough to fetch me this score?

1 ) barron 2 ) kaplan 3 ) ets official guide

and which book should i read just before the toefl - barron, kaplan, or ets?

thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q42 V27
GPA: 3.01
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 33

Re: how to ensure at least 450 in gmat [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 22:49
Just go & give ur exam.

U will definitely score a 450.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 36

Re: how to ensure at least 450 in gmat [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 00:22
calcuttaguy wrote:

can anyone please tell me whether these books will be enough? i'm yet to buy them.

1 ) everything verbal ( rc / sc / cr / essays ) and strategies / shortcuts - princeton

i've heard that kaplan is not worthwhile for studying purpose as there are no tricks discussed and all the maths problems are done using step-by-step approach. also, the difficulty of practice tests is a little less than the gmac official guide, so is it still wise to buy the kaplan just for the sake of practice?

do i need to buy all the three official guides ie official guide for gmat review, official guide for gmat verbal review, and official guide for gmat quantitative review - or the first one compensates for second and third?

and which set should i read just before gmat - ONLY the official guides OR ( princeton + barron )

for toefl ibt the official requirement is 79. i'm studying from these books - are they enough to fetch me this score?

thanks in advance.

Yea just get acquaint with the structure of the exam, write few practice test i.e GMATPREP. Just make sure you can handle 4 hours sitting at the exam.And you will score atleast 450+
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1156

Kudos [?]: 5374 [0], given: 165

Re: how to ensure at least 450 in gmat [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2011, 03:20
Expert's post
calcuttaguy wrote:

thanks in advance.

Is 450 the minimum requirement or does it assure you a place?

If 450 is all you want, do the following:

Go to mba.com
Install the GMAT prep test software.
Take GMAT prep test 1
If you score above 500, get just the Official Guide 12th edition. Go through all the questions there.
Take GMAT prep test 2
If you score above 550, go take your GMAT.

In case you don't get above 500/550, come back here and prepare to study.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: how to ensure at least 450 in gmat   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2011, 03:20