Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
The official paper tests give scoring guidelines at the end. For those that have taken these things in the past (SAT, LSAT, etc.) then the scoring formula is pretty typical. You take the number you got correct, then deduct 1/4 point for each missed question (essentially you miss 1 1/4 total for each wrong answer) which will leave you with a raw score. Then there is a chart that translates raw scores to overall scores, based on the scaled difficulty of the exam.

I agree that the exams are not perfect prep tools because they are not adaptive, but I found them superior to all sources other than the OG & GMATprep. They are official questions from real exams and provide a much better foundation for understanding what real questions call for. I also found the tests to be pretty accurate in predicting my score, far better than the Kaplan so called CAT. I took 5 paper tests and scored between 750-780. I scored between 750-790 on GMATprep and I got 730 then 780 on the real thing.

On the Kaplan so-called CAT...I got 590. Needless to say, that result was worthless.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks [#permalink]
hey thanks for the replies.

i am actually from india and here we get a CBT GMAT test on which the score came to 450. So now i do not know how to judge my score. I have also taken classes and answering paper tests but that only gives me the number right or wrong and not the actual score.

Anyways thanks for your suggestions. I'll solve the CATs and check my score. But still let me know if I can get a rough method to calculate my score even on the paper tests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can't find GMATPrep - please help! [#permalink]
Pelihu,

Thanks for your post. I am new here and I have been trying to decide what kind of review materials to purchase. I read your post saying that you found GMATPrep to be a good source. Can you please provide the publisher's name to GMATPrep? I was trying to look for it online but didn't have any luck. In addition, I have the 10th edition of OG, do you believe that there is a significant difference between the 10th and 11th editions that I should purchase the 11th edition as well?

Thank you very much in advance.

Shai
GMAT Club Bot
Can't find GMATPrep - please help! [#permalink]