Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I found this reading practice tool quite helpful. Basically

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 8

I found this reading practice tool quite helpful. Basically [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 16:01
I found this reading practice tool quite helpful. Basically the idea is how to read critically. Just by reading a keyword, you should be able to predict what follows.

Here's a quick quiz. Fill out the best choice of keyword that should fit in for each choice. Send in your answers.

The latest research seems to suggest that people who consume alcohol in moderation may be healthier, on average, than either teetotalers or heavy drinkers. _____,

a. people who enjoy a single glass of wine with dinner need not fear that they are endangering their health.
b. at least one clinical study rates both nondrinkers and heavy drinkers as less psychologically stable compared with moderate drinkers.
c. without more data, it would be premature to change one's lifestyle on the basis of these findings.
1 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
Followers: 125

Kudos [?]: 873 [1] , given: 376

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advanced Reading Tools quiz 1 [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 16:15
This post received
KUDOS
bschool83 wrote:
I found this reading practice tool quite helpful. Basically the idea is how to read critically. Just by reading a keyword, you should be able to predict what follows.

Here's a quick quiz. Fill out the best choice of keyword that should fit in for each choice. Send in your answers.

The latest research seems to suggest that people who consume alcohol in moderation may be healthier, on average, than either teetotalers or heavy drinkers. _____,

a. people who enjoy a single glass of wine with dinner need not fear that they are endangering their health.
>Therefore
b. at least one clinical study rates both nondrinkers and heavy drinkers as less psychologically stable compared with moderate drinkers.
>Furthermore
c. without more data, it would be premature to change one's lifestyle on the basis of these findings.
>However

~fluke

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 8

Re: Advanced Reading Tools quiz 1 [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 07:09
a. Therefore
b. Additionally
c. However
Re: Advanced Reading Tools quiz 1   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2011, 07:09