Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64933 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: I know most people say not to BUT... [#permalink]
I saved gmat prep 3 & 4 for the week prior to the exam for this specific reason. My exam was on wednesday, so i did gmat prep 3 on saturday, then reviewed it and my notes on sunday, then took prep 4 on monday reviewed it on tuesday did some more questions and glanced at my notes and left it at that. wanted to be in the zone for the exam so idk why would someone say not to take practice exam leading up to the test.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi blockman,

If your GMAT was this past Wednesday, then how did you score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64933 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
blockman wrote:
I saved gmat prep 3 & 4 for the week prior to the exam for this specific reason. My exam was on wednesday, so i did gmat prep 3 on saturday, then reviewed it and my notes on sunday, then took prep 4 on monday reviewed it on tuesday did some more questions and glanced at my notes and left it at that. wanted to be in the zone for the exam so idk why would someone say not to take practice exam leading up to the test.

A four hour practice test takes a toll on one's energy levels. Physically, one can recover by sleeping off but mentally it takes more time to get back to "normal" state. Taking 2 tests back to back with the actual GMAT coming up means that one might feel burnt out during the actual test. Doing the same kind of thing over and over makes us lose interest.

Also, the main purpose of taking practice tests is this - one is able to identify one's weaknesses and put in extra effort in the identified areas. How does taking practice tests in the last few days help? There is no time left to work on weaknesses and a low score only discourages the test taker.

So I strongly advice my students to take the last practice test at least a week before the actual test and to not study in the last 2-3 days. If you go in the test with a fresh mind, you feel much more energetic. GMAT is not a test in which last minute cramming can be of any use. To get in the so called "zone", a quick review of formulas is sufficient.
GMAT Club Bot