Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 13:24 It is currently 14 May 2024, 13:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 590 Q35 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 623757 [0]
Given Kudos: 81863
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: I need advice on Improving my Quant. Currently Q35; desirous of Q45min [#permalink]
Hello and thank you.

I read the link and the information given. The only item of query is as it surrounds the math reading material. I actually learn better with audio visual study material alongside question banks that provide more opportunity to practice. Do you have any suggestions along that line? Also is there any packages the GMAT club has that includes not only
the e-GMAT verbal and the GMATclub question bank but the e-GMAT verbal AND quant and the GMAT club question bank? Also, approximately how many quant questions are in the GMATclub question bank?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 281
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Re: I need advice on Improving my Quant. Currently Q35; desirous of Q45min [#permalink]
Hi Akeelaw,

One resource that has matched my audio-visual learning style is https://gmatquantum.com. It's not as popular as the bigger Test Prep companies, but after watching some of the free video solutions to the Official Guide, I concluded that the site can only be described as a secret goldmine. We know that the best prep resources are official questions, and GMATQuantum has video explanations to all the recent Official Guide versions, the GMAT Prep software (including Exam Pack 1 and the Question Pack 1). I discovered the site toward the end of my previous attempt, and was able to raise my quant score from the mid 30s (like you) to Q42 on the real test. I do plan to retake, and the videos have been an invaluable aid to my studies. I hope you find it at least just as helpful. Good luck on your prep!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi akeelaw,

Based on what you've described, there are a few different 'issues' with how you've studied and what you'll need to do to improve:

1) Studying at night (or when you're 'literally too tired to continue') is not an effective way to study. If your brain is too tired to properly learn/retain the lessons/Tactics/etc., then it will likely be difficult for you to make the big improvements that you're looking for.

2) With a Q35, you likely have some 'content issues', meaning that you just don't know the 'math' part of the Quant section well enough to score higher. In addition, you would have certainly missed out on lots of 'strategy-based' points throughout the section.

3) You are likely making little mistakes in your work and you could potentially have a pacing problem with the section overall.

With a score goal of 700+, you're going to have to make some serious improvements to how you handle the Quant section AND you'll likely have to pick up some points in the Verbal as well. Since you've already used a number of different resources, you'll probably need to invest in some new materials. You could conceivably be ready to retest in 2 months and hit your goals, but you'll have to make some fundamental changes to your study routine.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3136 posts