Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I sincerely appreciate your advice.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 230
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 181

I sincerely appreciate your advice. [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 10:28
Hi. I am currently applying for Desautels (McGill) 's full time course this year . In fact , I am a 30 year old pharmacist with 6.5 work experience 5 of them in a multinational pharmaceutical company first as a sales representative then as a sales trainer after being promoted.I had distinguished extracurricular activities during high school and undergrad but later my job consumed 80% of my time , the rest 20% was dedicated to PG studies and to my family . PG studies include a diploma in Industrial Pharmacy and another in "Training the Trainer" , and a certificate in written translation .In addition to all these ,I got an HR certification from SHRM as well as some workshops and non-academic courses including finance for non-financial managers . Knowing that my GMAT scores are 540 , then a 550 , and my GPA varies between 2.82 -2.94 after assessing it on different GPA calculators,while Desautels responded to my inquiry that they look for 600 GMAT and a GPA 3 , encouraging me to apply but meanwhile implying that they can forgive a slightly lower GPA for a satisfactory GMAT , what do you advise me to do ? which strengths can you see in my profile can compensate for the GMAT gap? knowing that I am applying these days to catch the deadline but will still retake the GMAT for the 3rd time next month aiming at updating them with a better score.By the way , on their website it is said that the range of GMAT scores for their students is 560-780.

Thank you very much.
_________________

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3041
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: I sincerely appreciate your advice. [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 02:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well in general, I would say that out of all of the things you have mentioned in your profile, the single thing that is the "easiest" (even if it's not easy) at this point is the GMAT. So I would just recommend that you throw yourself full-force into the exam, and if you don't get your score this time around, retake it one more time come September, as horrifying as that might sound! But really, 50+ more points on the GMAT can be a life-changer.
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Your advice will be highly appreciated ! ak2782 2 05 Jun 2011, 03:04
1 Will greatly appreciate your advice. Matt1177 13 31 Aug 2010, 09:00
Experts publish their posts in the topic I would really appreciate your advice! got 580 on gmat :-( olfed 12 10 Mar 2010, 11:48
Experts publish their posts in the topic I would appreciate your advice on my approach yezz 10 07 Nov 2008, 02:22
Experts publish their posts in the topic Your Advice would be appreciated ragingbull 1 30 Sep 2008, 22:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

I sincerely appreciate your advice.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.