Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Improving GMAT score [#permalink]
Hi experts,
I have spent almost a year now trying to beat the GMAT. I prepped with Veritas in 2012 but scored a 490 in 03/ 2012. After that, I felt discouraged and wanted to start from scratch(for another Bachelor). In February this year, I made up my mind that I should try to beat the GMAT. So i decided to prep. with Veritas again but they wanted me to pay half of the tuition fee since I had already exceeded the one year retake period.Dissatisfied with this fee, I decided on self studying with hopes to ace my score. In March, I researched for Good Gmat books and happened to see a number of them. I ended up buying Manhattan books since I have already had Veritas materials. In addition, I bought sentence correction Bible, Critical Reasoning Bible, Kaplan Gmat Workbooks(Math & Verbal) and Total Gmat by Jeff Sachman. I am taking my test on the 12/20/14. Unfortunately, I am looking for a 550 but just scoring 510-540 for Manhattan and 450-470 with Gmat prep. Honestly, sometimes, I become confuse which of the materials to use. This has hindered my studies in part . Please guys advise accordingly what to do. I am a non-native with a slight advantage in quant. over verbal. I am scoring between 37-39 in Quant and 18- 24 in verbal. Please help out
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Improving GMAT score [#permalink]