Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 02:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 06:47
Quote:

From the INSEAD records, 10 dutchies made it in so far for class of 11J: 9 male and 1 female.



In case anyone is interested - as of this writing -- there are 42 Indian admits for 11J: and surprisingly decent ratio, 30 Men & 12 Women
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 43
Schools: Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 06:48
Where do you get this info from?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 07:00
knfevg wrote:
Where do you get this info from?


once you are admitted - you have access to an online directory with some brief snippets of all your classmates.
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Current Student
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 58
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 07:02
knfevg wrote:
Where do you get this info from?


Both me and sm332 have been accepted into Insead (class of 11J). As soon as you're in, you get access to a website called MBAconnect. You can do all sorts of searches then in a directory with info on the classes of 2010 and 2011.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 07:05
Guys,

I just submitted my application to INSEAD and have also uploaded my photograph.
The only thing remaining is the online payment.

But I think the server is down as I am repeatedly getting some error on the website.
I have tried it from different browsers but the same error :(

Anyone else facing the same issue?
Please help!!!

Urgent!!

-Vivek
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 08:59
jaiswalvivek wrote:
Guys,

I just submitted my application to INSEAD and have also uploaded my photograph.
The only thing remaining is the online payment.

But I think the server is down as I am repeatedly getting some error on the website.
I have tried it from different browsers but the same error :(

Anyone else facing the same issue?
Please help!!!


Urgent!!

-Vivek


Hi, Vivek.

I submitted my application over the weekend and I didn't have any trouble with my payment. If you need to contact the INSEAD MBA admins office, I recommend you do so via e-mail at: MBA.CANDIDATES@insead.edu. I checked the web for a phone number but I couldn't find one. YOu still have sometime to get this fixed so that you will be considered a R1 applicant. I hope this helps. Good luck.

JZ
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 09:05
Suker wrote:
knfevg wrote:
Where do you get this info from?


Both me and sm332 have been accepted into Insead (class of 11J). As soon as you're in, you get access to a website called MBAconnect. You can do all sorts of searches then in a directory with info on the classes of 2010 and 2011.


Hi, Suker and SM332. Congrats on having secured your seats at INSEAD. Suker, I read from your earlier post that you intend to start in Fonty. How do you go about securing a room in one of the infamous Chateaus? Also, do you intend to lease a car while you are in Fonty since the Chateaus are typically not located close to campus? If admitted, I plan to spend P1 and P2 in Fonty and then P3, 4, and 5 in Spore. Thus the curiosity about the living situation in Fonty.

Looking forward to your input.

JZ
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 09:41
sm332 wrote:
Quote:

From the INSEAD records, 10 dutchies made it in so far for class of 11J: 9 male and 1 female.



In case anyone is interested - as of this writing -- there are 42 Indian admits for 11J: and surprisingly decent ratio, 30 Men & 12 Women


Forgive my ignorance. Do you mean these students have already got admission for Jan 2011 Intake? Doesn't the interviews start after the deadline(10-Mar-10)?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Schools: INSEAD R1 D'11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 10:12
11J means graduating in June 2011, so they were accepted to the Sept 2010 intake.

As for payment issues -- I tried submitting my app today and the payment page was down in the morning. I emailed adcom and they said this would be taken into consideration, but by then I had already managed to pay via the web.

Confirmations -- do you guys know whether I can expect a separate confirmation once they have all my materials, transcripts, etc and are ready to evaluate, or is that something I should chase up myself? I've gotten the automated confirmations, but I'd like to hear from adcom that everything is complete for them.

I've finally managed to turn in all my stuff and it's been a bit of a journey, but I'm glad the app creation part is done and I'm exhausted but confident :)
_________________

Monkeypunch MBA Blog | GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 10:48
question guys.
does INSEAD do a rolling admissions (the US schools) or strict deadline notifications? (like LBS)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 423
Location: Sydney, Australia
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 13:25
vodkacran wrote:
question guys.
does INSEAD do a rolling admissions (the US schools) or strict deadline notifications? (like LBS)


it's deadlines like LBS

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 14:59
I am a R1 applicant too. I was facing problems with online payment yesterday. However, I was able to make it today.
The problem is that I haven't received any email or anything that says the payment has been confirmed.

Did anyone of you also face a similar issue? Do they send another email if the payment is accepted?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Schools: INSEAD R1 D'11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 15:55
Should probably get something like this:

Quote:
From: mba.candidates@insead.edu

MBA APPLICATION ONLINE - Online payment

Your payment with Sogenactif has been processed
Your account will be debited with the amount you paid in a few days.
Don't hesitate to contact us at: mba.candidates@insead.edu

Amount : 200.00 EUR
Transaction number: XXXXX

Thanks,
INSEAD

_________________

Monkeypunch MBA Blog | GMAT Debrief

Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 19:39
Hi,

I was facing problems with the online payment yesterday so I mailed them requesting an alternative way to pay.
In the reply, AdCom confirmed that their IT team is looking into the issue and requested me to make the payment the next day. They also confirmed that I should not worry about R1 deadline because they will keep this payment failure issue in mind while assessing my file.

My payment got through today but I have not yet received any confirmation mail as such. Will drop a mail to AdCom and see what they have to say :)

Cheers,
Vivek.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 01:36
Hey Vivek,
I had sent the mail to AdCom two days back but they haven't responded yet.
Would appreciate if you could post an update if you get any answer from them.

Cheers,
SH
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 04:51
hsourabh wrote:
Hey Vivek,
I had sent the mail to AdCom two days back but they haven't responded yet.
Would appreciate if you could post an update if you get any answer from them.

Cheers,
SH


I got a mail from Adcom today that my application package is complete.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 06:14
semaj wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Hey Vivek,
I had sent the mail to AdCom two days back but they haven't responded yet.
Would appreciate if you could post an update if you get any answer from them.

Cheers,
SH


I got a mail from Adcom today that my application package is complete.


Hi Semaj ~ When did u complete/submit your app. I'm worried, submitted the online app on Mar 1st and posted the docs on the same day. Still didn't hear anything from the adcom.
Thanks ~ KC
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 10:21
chaitu69 wrote:
semaj wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Hey Vivek,
I had sent the mail to AdCom two days back but they haven't responded yet.
Would appreciate if you could post an update if you get any answer from them.

Cheers,
SH


I got a mail from Adcom today that my application package is complete.


Hi Semaj ~ When did u complete/submit your app. I'm worried, submitted the online app on Mar 1st and posted the docs on the same day. Still didn't hear anything from the adcom.
Thanks ~ KC


Hi KC,
I sent my transcripts which reached the Adcom on 4th March. I submitted my application on 10-Mar. I sent an email on the same day requesting them to check if they have got the transcripts and confirm if the application is complete. And I got an email today that the app is complete.
Probably you can send an email to MBA.CANDIDATES@insead.edu and check the status. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 42
Schools: LBS(R2) Interview, Kellogg(R2) Admit
WE 1: Hi-Tech
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 03:03
semaj wrote:
Hi KC,
I sent my transcripts which reached the Adcom on 4th March. I submitted my application on 10-Mar. I sent an email on the same day requesting them to check if they have got the transcripts and confirm if the application is complete. And I got an email today that the app is complete.
Probably you can send an email to MBA.CANDIDATES@insead.edu and check the status. Good luck!


Is it really wise to send them emails requesting to confirm?
I am just wondering because they clearly mention they will email us after receiving everything.
On the other hand, if email can trigger them to check, our application will move to COMPELETE state quicker!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 10:22
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2010, 10:22
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 91 INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake happyls 1486 16 Jun 2010, 18:24
New posts January 2011 intake? ayo 0 13 Aug 2010, 00:14
New posts INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake aljatar 0 27 Jan 2011, 02:47
Popular new posts Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
New posts Differences in INSEAD September and January Intakes swissmix 2 23 Mar 2012, 11:14
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  70    Next  [ 1396 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.