Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 08:52 It is currently 09 May 2024, 08:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink]
I agree that based on previous threads there is a little movement around mid-Nov, but my coordinator is away on vacation until the 15th, i assume that she will be back intime to review dropouts/nonpayers and then after a week end of nov/start of dec. Send out the acceptances.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BigFox wrote:
Also here is the thread where at least 2 peops said they got an offer on the 9th of Nov last year..
insead-dec-11-waitlist-94951-220.html
and someone in the forum mentioned earlier that the payment date for the deposits is somewhere mid Nov.. so which is it ? mid Nov or beginning of Dec? the eariler the better :)

November 11th is the deadline for payment of deposits by R3 candidates. I think December is the deadline for the payment of the second installment for all candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
CrossXRoads wrote:
November 11th is the deadline for payment of deposits by R3 candidates. I think December is the deadline for the payment of the second installment for all candidates.

Well, do you believe there will be people willing to lose 5k euro if not paying the second installment?
IMHO given the accepted number in this intake we should see the major movements next week (sadly, but I'm pretty sure not pleasant for us).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kronax wrote:
CrossXRoads wrote:

1) Well, do you believe there will be people willing to lose 5k euro if not paying the second installment?

2) IMHO given the accepted number in this intake we should see the major movements next week (sadly, but I'm pretty sure not pleasant for us).

1) Sure. If INSEAD wasnt ure #1 choice, and you got a call from H/S/W/LBS wouldnt you give up the 5K deposit ?? In the long run its only some 1-2% of your overall MBA cost. Coincidentally, i have a friend who just have his Harvard interview and will forego his deposit if he gets in. Unfortuately he only finds out sometime in mid-Dec

2) Major movements in terms of ???? the Wait List ????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
CrossXRoads wrote:
1) Sure. If INSEAD wasnt ure #1 choice, and you got a call from H/S/W/LBS wouldnt you give up the 5K deposit ?? In the long run its only some 1-2% of your overall MBA cost. Coincidentally, i have a friend who just have his Harvard interview and will forego his deposit if he gets in. Unfortuately he only finds out sometime in mid-Dec

Yep, I meant the waitlist.
Probably you are right, but there will be just a few candidates in a situation such as the one your friend might have.
As for me, I do really hope that it will all end at the end of the month, cause I definetly don't wanna wait till the Cristmas Eve to receive my e-mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CrossXRoads wrote:
Kronax wrote:
CrossXRoads wrote:

1) Well, do you believe there will be people willing to lose 5k euro if not paying the second installment?

2) IMHO given the accepted number in this intake we should see the major movements next week (sadly, but I'm pretty sure not pleasant for us).

Good point, but do we know of many instances of getting an offer mid December? I couldn't find much info in this respect from previous threads. I only heard of one unique instance (from rino's link) that a guy got offered a place at the end of December... there definitely postings of offers mid-November, beginning of Dec, but not much beyond..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good point, but do we know of many instances of getting an offer mid December? I couldn't find much info in this respect from previous threads. I only heard of one unique instance (from rino's link) that a guy got offered a place at the end of December... there definitely postings of offers mid-November, beginning of Dec, but not much beyond..[/quote]

I agree with big fox. However, I am afraid that our expected mid November movement will be smaller than the one of Jan 2010, as this R3 produced about 50% less admits.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
does any body knows when classes start? Im still in the waitlist and obviously its frustrating. people from insead is coming to Peru. i have a coffee chat. any recommendation?
And also, if insead doesnt send me neither the phone call or the email, does that mean that i should reapply for september?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sam0114 wrote:
Hello,
does any body knows when classes start? Im still in the waitlist and obviously its frustrating. people from insead is coming to Peru. i have a coffee chat. any recommendation?
And also, if insead doesnt send me neither the phone call or the email, does that mean that i should reapply for september?

I think p1 starts around January 10.
Regarding your second question, if you are not offered a place Insead will either encourage you not to reapply or give you reapplication instructions.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
As regards your point regarding reapplication: If INSEAD does let any one of us know the reapplication instruction in December, we would only be able to apply in R3 for September 2012 intake. And I personally don't want to take yet another R3 chance! And am sure most of us wouldn't.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bigfreeze wrote:
As regards your point regarding reapplication: If INSEAD does let any one of us know the reapplication instruction in December, we would only be able to apply in R3 for September 2012 intake. And I personally don't want to take yet another R3 chance! And am sure most of us wouldn't.

[fraction][/fraction]

tell me about it! let's just hope to hear back by the beginning of Dec, just in time for r2 deadline. In the meantime, I am trying to find out how many peops were on the waitlist for Jan2011. One would hope that they wouldn't put people on the waitlist if there wasn't a decent chance of getting in (so they should have taken into a/c the crazy amount of applicants this year). from that shared spreadsheet I see we are currently about 18-20 on the waitlist (that's from registered applicants). I assume pending means ding?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 6 years. Mechanical engineering/Sales
Send PM
I emailed by coordinator and she told me to not expect movement till the end of November...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Are your coordinators responding fast to your messages. Cause sometimes it feels that mine can't care less about me. Waitlist pool is the no respect pool sériously. What does it cost to respond ? To people who've been waiting a year and keep waiting. This situation really sucks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mitsloanguy wrote:
Are your coordinators responding fast to your messages. Cause sometimes it feels that mine can't care less about me. Waitlist pool is the no respect pool sériously. What does it cost to respond ? To people who've been waiting a year and keep waiting. This situation really sucks

Don't be sad :), I think it is not a coordinator type of problem, it is more of a "I can't be bothered to respond to an e-mail" type of attitude that comes across often these days..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would understand in any other circumstance. But not here; we have been waiting for almost a year and all i ask is a little respect for the time, effort we put not to mention the stress of the outcome. Isnt it too much to ask ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mitsloanguy wrote:
I would understand in any other circumstance. But not here; we have been waiting for almost a year and all i ask is a little respect for the time, effort we put not to mention the stress of the outcome. Isnt it too much to ask ?

I am with you; I have been waiting almost half a year and I am already really exhausted. My co-ordinator was actually really quick with coming back to me, but that was before I was put on the waitlist. I have not contacted her since then. I got an impression that they don’t encourage to contact them unless there was a significant change in your circumstances that could positively influence the outcome of your application, such as that you got more responsibilities at work, some achievements, etc. But I understand that after a year you would definitely want some clarity, regardless of your circumstances. I will also write to my coordinator in about a week or so, I hear there should be some movement towards the end of the month. I think there probably no news yet. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello all....a quick update on key dates: second "big" installment deadline is 25 nov.....hope there is some movement on waitlist post this date.....and class start is on 09 jan.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11