Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink]
harsha88 wrote:
Texasbound wrote:
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.

hi, but then what are the options to get into marketing in luxury sector..
is it suitable to do an MBA in luxury from Europe (since most schools offering this specialization are there) or is it better to just do an MBA from a well reputed school and eventually go to luxury?

I researched a couple of schools but dunno how good they are for employment.

like how are ISC, ECG, INSEEC,EDC..

Hi there, I don't know actually. I only know for American schools as I am an international student here. I don't know much about Europe. It might be different because I heard Europe is more accepting of intl students to work than America is. You could probably go to their websites and look for Alumni's who are willing to talk in those sectors and email them and ask them about it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Texasbound wrote:
harsha88 wrote:
Texasbound wrote:
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.

hi, but then what are the options to get into marketing in luxury sector..
is it suitable to do an MBA in luxury from Europe (since most schools offering this specialization are there) or is it better to just do an MBA from a well reputed school and eventually go to luxury?

I researched a couple of schools but dunno how good they are for employment.

like how are ISC, ECG, INSEEC,EDC..

Hi there, I don't know actually. I only know for American schools as I am an international student here. I don't know much about Europe. It might be different because I heard Europe is more accepting of intl students to work than America is. You could probably go to their websites and look for Alumni's who are willing to talk in those sectors and email them and ask them about it.

ok.. thank you! will try that
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92948 posts
GMAT Tutor
1905 posts