Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is it time to appear for GMAT now?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Is it time to appear for GMAT now? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2012, 02:54
I have been studying for 2 months now. I started with 620 in GMAT prep. For past few days I am giving Kaplan tests the online ones. I have not been able to get my score up from 630-640 range in Kaplan. My target score in GMAT is atleast 710 . I tried Manhattan Test-1( without much seriousness as in skipped 6-7 questions in quant and verbal just because I wasnt in the rythm to take a test) and scored 670... it is encouraging. However I plan to take my test in 31st of July exactly 1 month to go. I am confused whether to take the test or not . I am working full time and work is really hectic so cant take out not only 1-3 hrs on weekdays + 6-7 hours on weekend..

What do you guys suggest. would I be able to crack it with same schedule ? Or should I spend another month in preparing? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1073

Kudos [?]: 4781 [0], given: 163

Re: Is it time to appear for GMAT now? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2012, 22:15
Expert's post
rupanandy wrote:
I have been studying for 2 months now. I started with 620 in GMAT prep. For past few days I am giving Kaplan tests the online ones. I have not been able to get my score up from 630-640 range in Kaplan. My target score in GMAT is atleast 710 . I tried Manhattan Test-1( without much seriousness as in skipped 6-7 questions in quant and verbal just because I wasnt in the rythm to take a test) and scored 670... it is encouraging. However I plan to take my test in 31st of July exactly 1 month to go. I am confused whether to take the test or not . I am working full time and work is really hectic so cant take out not only 1-3 hrs on weekdays + 6-7 hours on weekend..

What do you guys suggest. would I be able to crack it with same schedule ? Or should I spend another month in preparing? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

No one can tell you whether you will be able to crack it or not. All you can do is prepare to the best of your ability. You need to score around 740 - 750 in the GMAT prep tests (on mba.com) to be reasonably certain of above 700 in GMAT. You need to put in a good amount of effort in the next one month to bring your score up. Pin point your weaknesses and work on them. Ensure your fundamentals of every topic are strong. Work on advanced applications so that you can crack above 700 level questions. What is your Q/V split? Are you particularly uncomfortable in a certain question type? You need to work on that to increase your score. The number of hrs you put every day is immaterial. You need to be able to see improvement whether you put 1 hr or 4. Some people don't need to prepare at all and they still get 750, others work for 300 hrs and still don't. It's the quality, not the quantity that matters.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Is it time to appear for GMAT now?   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2012, 22:15