Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
verbal Tutor [#permalink]
Get in touch with Leanna at GMAX. They have teachers who are specialized for all problem types.

I am also taking customized help from them. I feel they are doing the best I can expect from anyone.

Take Care,
Mohit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Re: Is PP Test1 adaptive? [#permalink]
[quote="mckenna"]Hi All,
I took the PP Test1 today. Got a 740(q51, v38).

During review I found something strange. There were only 28 questions in quant and 29 questions in verbal. But I am very sure I saw 37 questions in quant and 41 question in verbal, when I took the exam.

Can someone please explain this discrepancy?

You can still review all the questions and explanations to them. You should go back to the question 1 and you will be able to see your answer, correct answer and the explanations; by clicking ‘next’ you can go to the next questions, and this way review all 37/41 questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everybody. After the test I am able to see all the questions and review the answers.
Thanks for all the replies.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think that I misunderstood your question regarding the number of scored items on the exam.

Hjort
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
do you lose the explanantions of the answers? I took PP1 2 weeks ago and wanted to go back through it last night and I cant get any explanantions just the right answer vs my answer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Jackson,
I just took PP1 too but i think the trick is that you can only review each section one at a time IMMEDIATELY after the test, any time after the record of your answers is lost. Try going through the right answers i am sure you can review those once done.
By the way how hard are the PP tests compared to the real GMAT?
On some forums people have said they scored in the 600's on PP's and got 750 on the real GMAT. Is that just their hard work or is PP actually harder?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
1. Yes I did lose all the explanations. As people have mentioned, the trick is to review all the answer right after the test before clicking EXIT.
That kinda sucks.

2. From what I gather, PPs give a fair indication of the actual score; give or take 30 points. So, its better to take some more time for prep if you are not getting good scores on the PP.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear Members,
I just noticed the posts about the Power Prep exams, and thought I should share our experience (at GMAX) with you so that you don't take the PP grades too seriously. If you have done problems from the Official Guide, then the grade cannot be realistic, because ALL of the questions are taken from that book! You will certainly remember specific questions and the thinking you did to solve them in the first place. If that's the case, use the PP to practice your timing, and that's all. We have seen students whose grades are up to 100 points higher on the PP than on the real test, even if they take the real test the next day! So be careful, and don't rely on the grades, especially if you have done Official Guide questions first. I think that if the grades are similar it is just random.
Regards,
Leanna
https://www.gmaxonline.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good point Leanna.

I was aware of this, so I took the first test before starting OG. However, its a good idea to take the second test after OG and just before the actual exam to boost one's confidence.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts