Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: Is this possible? confused about GMATPrep score [#permalink]
I think GMATPREP is not a really good indicator of actual score on a retake...
Although it may be the closest to the actual test as it is from GMAC...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:INSEAD Dec'10
 Q48  V47
Send PM
I had Q49 with 10 or 11 quetion wrong the first time I took GMATPrep, so the same as you. But I've not taken the real test yet, so no way to know if this is normal or not.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:
I had Q49 with 10 or 11 quetion wrong the first time I took GMATPrep, so the same as you. But I've not taken the real test yet, so no way to know if this is normal or not.

Thanks Nerdboy, I think you answered my question.

For whether the score can be an indicator for the real one, many ppl said it was. no more than 20 score difference
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Send PM
Well it depends where you have made mistakes. If 3rd of those questions are not weighed than, I guess, you can be lucky and score as you did. BTW I have seen that with Q-section few times but 38 with 18 mistakes in verbal is something new.

I'm curious about your mistakes pattern. How many in the first 10 and how many in the last 10. Also if you made errors in a row as well?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbawaters wrote:
Well it depends where you have made mistakes. If 3rd of those questions are not weighed than, I guess, you can be lucky and score as you did. BTW I have seen that with Q-section few times but 38 with 18 mistakes in verbal is something new.

I'm curious about your mistakes pattern. How many in the first 10 and how many in the last 10. Also if you made errors in a row as well?

For Quan,
- 1 wrong in the first 10 questions
- 3 wrong in the last 10 questions
- no wrong in a row

For Verb,
- 2 wrong in the first 10 questions
- 8 wrong in the last 10 questions (cause I blindly guessed because running out of time)
- once 3 wrong in a row in the middle of the test
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
Kudos
Remember that the exam is designed so that nearly everyone makes a large number of mistakes on each section. Only if you are scoring 50+ on Q and 45+ on V would you expect to get over 75% correct
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kevincan wrote:
Remember that the exam is designed so that nearly everyone makes a large number of mistakes on each section. Only if you are scoring 50+ on Q and 45+ on V would you expect to get over 75% correct

THanks Kevin. You solved all my confusion. + 1 for you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Send PM
kevincan wrote:

kevincan, Thanks for the input but figured ask you another related question, how do you weigh different part of the tests for verbal and for quantitative. For instance, every one says first 10s are important? what about last 10s or making mistakes in a row or any other relevant thought?

Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
I think quant score on gmatprep is representative even if you take that section 10 times. Verbal is not because there seems to be a lot less questions, so more repeats, and verbal questions seem to be weighted more.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
mbawaters wrote:
kevincan wrote:

kevincan, Thanks for the input but figured ask you another related question, how do you weigh different part of the tests for verbal and for quantitative. For instance, every one says first 10s are important? what about last 10s or making mistakes in a row or any other relevant thought?

Thanks in advance!

Budget your time so that you have a good look at every question. Spending too long on early questions will limit the amount of time you have for later questions and will make you get questions that you are likely to stuggle with! Early in the exam, if you cannot find the solution after 2-3 minutes, guess and move on, unless you KNOW that you normally finish the exam with many minutes to spare!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts