Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:43 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:43

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 22, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Mar 22, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview + Q&A session was short. Total time = 30mins. Blind interview with a current 2nd year student who has only seen your resume + some notes/questions from ad com. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. How have you prepared yourself to prepare for the academic and quantitative rigor of the MBA program? 3. Why Johnson? Why MBA? Have you reached out to current students? 4. What is your short-term and long-term goal? 5. Why consulting? 6. How have you prepared yourself for intensive recruitment for consulting? 7. Have you participated in any pre-MBA consulting programs? 8. What's your plan B if consulting doesn't work out? I'm not sure how well I did. The questions I got were very different from other interviewees."
This user wants to stay Private
Malaysia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 24
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview lasted for about 40 mins. 30mins for the main interview. 10mins for my questions - Why did I pursue the course I did in my undergrad degree - How did I transition from my Bsc. to the career I have in finance. - Why an MBA - Why Johnson - Talk about a time I suceeded - Talk about a time I failed and I wouldn't want to do it again - What is my recruitment strategy - What is my alternative if I don't land my a role in my target post mba industry - What do I like about Ithaca - What else have we not discussed that I would like the admissions committee to know about. - Any questions for me?"
3.3 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My Interview was done on 16th Nov by a second year student. She was not even remotely connected to my domain so it was very mechanical on her part, though I would say she tried her best. It started with small talk about weather, cricket world cup, etc 1. TMAY 2. Why MBA 3. Why Johnson 4. What kind of a leader you want to be? 5. What you want to learn outside the classroom? 6. Anything i didnt ask 7. questions for her I would say I gave it pretty well, hoping for the best!"
8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 20, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 29, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by a 2nd year current student, took about 20 mins for an interview + 10 mins for ID showing and rapports. Questions: 1) Briefly introduce yourself about you educations and works 2) Project that you're proud of 3) The other skill which you still haven't mentioned in the previous answer that you think is important for MBA 4) When the things don't go on a plan, what would you do? 5) Why MBA? 6) Besides from core courses, electives, and intensive, are there other things you wanna get from MBA? 7) Have you talked with Cornell's current student or alumni? 8) From the AdCom's virtual session that you have joined, what did you get from it? 9) Contribution to Johnson 10) What you have learned from culture difference? 11) 3 words that your supervisor/your team will describe you"
Thailand
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 8, 23
"Interview was conversational, approximately 30 mins. Questions were similar to everyone's: - Walk me through your resume - Plan for recruiting - Strength and Weakness - Why Johnson"
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 14, 23
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my interview with a 2nd-year student. Very conversational, mostly seemed to be digging into my background because it is non-standard (military) and my goals because they too are non-standard (construction/real estate/development). 1. Tell me about yourself 2. What are you looking to get out of an MBA 3. Goals 4. I didn't get any explicit TMAT questions - just about my experience in project management, recruiting plan, back-up plan Lasted a little over 30 minutes with my questions at the end included in time (roughly 20 minute interview 10 minute questions from me)."
6.5 years
United States
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 8, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had a 20 mins interview with Bianca, she introduced herself and laid down ground rules. 1. Tell me about myself - shortly in 1-2 mins! 2. Tell me about a time when you had to manage a resource constraint 3. pros cons of being on multidisciplinary campus 4. Advice to a friend if they open a coffee shop 5. What it takes to make a great team? 6. Long term goals 7. Tell me about a time you convinced people to solve a problem your way. 8. Any questions? Interview was wrapped up pretty quickly in 15-20 minutes and result will be out on 15th Feb, 2023"
5 years
United States
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 8, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 6, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I interviewed with an admissions rep at 10:30pm IST over zoom. She introduced herself and laid down ground rules. 1) Introduce yourself - keep introduction to 1-2mins and stick to professional introduction 2) What advice would you give to a friend who wants to open a candy shop 3) Tell me about a time you faced resource crunch 4) What makes a good team? 5) Post MBA goals 6) Upsides and downsides of a multi disciplinary campus 7) Anything not on your resume you would like to share? 8) Any questions for me? Interview was wrapped up pretty quickly in 15-20 minutes and I was told an update to the application station would be conveyed on 15th Feb."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 17, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had my interview yesterday. I thought it went really well. All the questions you would expect to be asked, but very conversational. Unfortunately he told me he they weren’t expecting to release decisions until between March 17 through April 6th. So it’s gonna be a long wait."
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 2, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview this afternoon with Bianca Mathew, and it didn't last up to 11 mins. I don't know if that is a good sign. lol The questions are as follows. Tell me about myself What advice would you give to a friend if they want to open a coffee Tell me about a time when you had to manage a resource constraint What do you think is the benefit of being on a multidisciplinary campus? She asks that I look out for a final decision by the 15th of Feb"
hesteeblaq
4.2 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 31, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 31, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was very casual with AdCom Tell me about your background? Why MBA? Why Johnson? How will you contribute to Johnson? Conflict at work? What is your biggest weakness?"
5 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 30, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 22
"Interview with a member from Admissions Committee. 30mins interview. Friendly interviewer. Started with ice-breaker conversation. Straightforward questions. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? Why Johnson? 3. Post MBA Goals 4. Professional Project I am proud of 5. Questions for the interviewer Talked about final decision timeline at the end and shared her email for any further questions."
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 4, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed by alumni, very conversational. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why MBA? 3. What are your short term and long term goals? 4. What do you think is the benefit of being in a multidisciplinary campus? 5. How is your knowledge of digital tech? 6. Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision with no proper information. 7. Tell me about a time where your opinion or idea is rejected by your manager. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to manage a resource constraint. 9. How do you handle disappointment? 10. What contributes to your success? 11. Is there something that you want to tell me that is not on your resume? 12. A question about my current specialization. 13. Do you have any questions for me?"
1.7 years
Indonesia
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 7, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had an interview with one of the recent Cornell Tech Alumni who had a successful startup upon graduation. The interview was very conversational and although the interview was for 30mins, we ended up talking for over an hour. We started off with pretty usual MBA interview questions - Introduce yourself. Since we had similar backgrounds he went over in depth regarding the content of my resume. - What leadership role had you taken in your role and what was the motivation for taking them? - What do you want to do from now on? - Why MBA from Cornell Tech MBA specifically? - Why aim for that specific goal? - What is the most difficult situation you faced and what are the steps you took to deal with it? In the end, the interviewer asked if I had any questions for him. And I asked the usual questions regarding his experience in the course, his favorite course and professors, and the workload during the course. I sometimes felt that I completely forgot to follow the STAR format when answering questions and the interviewer had to bring me back on track. All in all the interview was very pleasant but I worry that maybe I went off track many times, hence I am pretty anxious and have my fingers crossed for the results."
India
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"- walk through your resume - why are you looking to get an MBA - short / long term goals - how is your knowledge of digital tech - how you managed resource constraints - leadership style/experience - what questions do you have for me the interview was with admission team, it was conversational"
United States
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 2, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hi all, I had my interview yesterday with Bianca. Matthews. It was quite informal and without any business case discussion (tell me about yourself, why tech mba, pros and cons of multidisciplinary campus, tell me about one time you had to take a decision without proper info, what contributes to your success - and something else I forgot) . She told me to expect results in 2 to 3 weeks."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 24, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with Vanessa (AdCom). My interview started with the Vanessa introducing herself, gave me the ground rules and informed me of the timing of the interview and we had a bit of ice-breaker conversation about the weather etc. The interview had pretty standard questions and went on for about 35 mins. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA 3. Short term Goal 4. Long term goal 5. Why Cornell 6. How do you contribute to Cornell 7. What will you require from Cornell in terms of recruitment 8. Leadership style 9. What else do you want me to bring to the AdCom / let them know abt me Gave me 5 minutes at the end to ask questions"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 23, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 14, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with Benjamin (Sharp 30 minutes) 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Short term Goal 3. Long term goal 4. Why Cornell 5. How do you contribute to Cornell 6. Culture shock & what steps do you include to include diversity? 7. Strengths & weakness Given 5 minutes at the end to ask questions."
6 years
India
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 27, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 27, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"As of now my final status is interviewed but I'll know a decision by end of February. 1) What are your short / long term goals? 2) Pros and cons of having a cross functional campus vs just MBA students? 3) Most important aspect of working in a multidisciplinary team? 4) See the other recent Tech MBA questions that have been asked by Bianca to get a sense of what else could be asked. 5) Any follow up questions? (Good to have more in case your interview still has like 10-15 mins left before time is up - use the time you have wisely). Whole interview was about 20-25 mins since we did start a little late, I think her (Bianca's) interview before mine went a little longer than expected."
2.9 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 30, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 30, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview started with the interview introducing himself, gave me the ground rules and informed me of the timing of the interview and we had a bit of ice-breaker conversation about thanksgiving and how my day at work has been. It was a good way to start and the interview was unconventional, not structured in a robotic way but quite conversational. Some questions I can remember: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Asked a follow up question on specific career progressions and gap on my resume after school because I took a gap year before I started working and I talked about that. 3. Have I engaged anyone in specific company I intend to work post-MBA 4. What is my recruitment strategy 5. How do you prepare for the rigorous MBA curriculum 6. ST / LT Goals 7. What are my touchpoints within the Johnson community 8. What will I do if I fail to land my first choice(consulting), based on my Banking background at some point, why not IB? 9. Will you continue to work in US or go back to home country or others 10. What other club activities will I do apart from those I highlighted in my essay 11. What other schools are you applying to (Technically my Why Johnson) 12. What else do you want me to bring to the AdCom / let them know abt me 13. Do you have any questions for me Interview time was about 45minutes. Interviewed with a 2nd Year."
6.6 years
Nigeria