Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink]
rovshan85 wrote:
I will dedicate 7-8 hours of study time to beat the GMAT.

A day or throughout the whole month?
Maybe you should try to invest more than just a month ;)
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
We would like to help you to improve your score, but could you please elaborate on your preparation? Information on study materials, background, and length of study would be helpful.

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
GMAT is not a sprint (for most people), rather its a marathon. Cramming in 1 month is not good IMHO. Better take slow and steady for 3-4 months and see how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
Before studying anymore any content, I guess you really need to understand what this test is all about and how it works. I wasted almost a year cramming until I realized I was studying for a test I conceived in mind but I learned from this mistake. You have a great chance to rebouce. Really spend time on the forum trying to think like gmat and then build on that content then practice iteratively learning by trial and error.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
GMAT is not a sprint (for most people), rather its a marathon. Cramming in 1 month is not good IMHO. Better take slow and steady for 3-4 months and see how it goes.

Second that.
Take a break from the GMAT for a bit and get back on the horse. This forum has fantastic advice as far as books, study plans, etc... Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm determined to tackle the GMAT and I'm ready to dedicate 7-8 hours a day to prepare for it. I have already studied for gmat for a month now so technically it would be two month study for me. I signed up for Master the GMAT course and will work hard to get the needed score. I need to score at least 600 to get accepted into the school of my choice. The deadline is in July. I believe that 370 is not my level because I have scored higher than that on ptractice exams. I do understand that it is not all about memorizing but understanding the GMAT method but i think if I fully focus and concentrate on Verbal and Quant materials I can do it.
During the exam i also had a problem. I took the exam 8am in the morning. First two essays were pretty easy went through those without any major issues. Before starting the math part of the GMAT i wanted to take a break because i was dehydrated. I raised my hand but exam proctor was in the backroom laughing and giggling. I did not get to take my break and that did not help my case. I'm going to take GMATPrep practice in a few days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BTW i used Kaplan 800, Peterson's MAster the GMAT, watched GMAT pill courses, some other Kaplan books and of course OG12. I'm thinking that those books (except OG12) are not any good and that's why decided to enroll in master the gmat courses. i also plan to utilize veritas prep books. It's going to be a long month for me....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
rovshan85 wrote:
BTW i used Kaplan 800, Peterson's MAster the GMAT, watched GMAT pill courses, some other Kaplan books and of course OG12. I'm thinking that those books (except OG12) are not any good and that's why decided to enroll in master the gmat courses. i also plan to utilize veritas prep books. It's going to be a long month for me....

Have you already bought the Veritas books?
If not, I would advise you to take a look at the 8 MGMAT study guides.
You could either purchase them from their website (https://www.manhattangmat.com/Store.cfm),
form Amazon or 2nd hand (see buy-sell-books-and-find-study-groups-4/)

Also take advantage of the free resources at: https://www.manhattangmat.com/resources/index.cfm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
Good luck im in the same situation. Got a 520 1st attempt which is much lower than my practice exams ( usually high 500s low 600s ). Gonna study everyday and then taking GMAT end of April/Beg of May. Plan is to gain acceptance into a graduate school for MAcc. Applying to schools with new MAcc programs. Won't have the score for USC :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I already bought veritas books. I looked at reviews it seemed like a pretty successful material. I did buy Mgmat foundation of GMAT math and got a og13th Ed. Good luck to you too AzWildcat1. I'm studying 8 hours a day need to get around 620 to 650 min. Hopefully hard work will payoff
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Even if you veritas guides, would suggest you to get MGMAT Sentence Correction book, you would have access to 6 MGMAT cats.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
The lower your score is, the more scope you have for improvement. Don't get disheartened and re-start.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
rovshan85 wrote:
the first time when I took GmatPrep exam without any preparation I scored 370 actually. Afetr studying for several weeks I took Peterson's Cat got 540, a week ago took MGMAT practice scored 580. I don't know what went wrong but i had 20 minutes left after i was done with math portion of gmat. I don't know what to do but i think my old strategy is no good. I have ordered veritas full set so that I can have more material to study.

Hi, where can I find Peterson's exam? Thanks
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Sorry to hear that.

See if this sample video helps you: https://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... ythons.mp4

or this one: https://www.gmatpill.com/problemsolving/og/222/222.mp4

I would recommend structuring your studies from now til then. Really focus intensely on your weakest section for 5 straight days without doing anything else. Then do the same for your next weakest section. Eventually, mix it together and test yourself with GMATPrep software or with the GMAT PILL Practice Test: www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/practice-test
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi saraafifiahmed,

The Peterson products have something of a dubious reputation. BB commented on them awhile back:

--------------------------------
Yes, it is a terrible book and/or tests.

the main reason is that Peterson does not have its own Tutoring arm and only publishes books, thus its ability to develop new techniques or invest a ton of $$ into "R&D" or improvement of questions is much more limited than than that of Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Manhattan GMAT.

There are plenty of sources for reputable CATs. Which ones have you used so far?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Hi Rich,

For the Cats, I have tried Kaplan, MBA PREP., and some of the 800 score tests. Frankly speaking I feel terrified somehow with only 8 days left for the real exam.

What Exactly that I should consistently be doing till the test day ?

Thanks,
Sara
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi saraafifiahmed,

The Peterson products have something of a dubious reputation. BB commented on them awhile back:

Yes, it is a terrible book and/or tests.

the main reason is that Peterson does not have its own Tutoring arm and only publishes books, thus its ability to develop new techniques or invest a ton of $$ into "R&D" or improvement of questions is much more limited than than that of Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Manhattan GMAT.

There are plenty of sources for reputable CATs. Which ones have you used so far?

Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sara,

If you're not 'in range' of your score goal, then you might want to consider pushing back your Test Date. To do that, you have to pay a $50 fee AND you have to get online at least 7 full days before your Test Date to reschedule. The extra study time could be quite valuable.

With 8 days remaining, you shouldn't be taking too many additional CATs (1-2 only) and none within 72 hours of Test Day.

What part of this is specifically 'terrifying' you?

Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts