Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took the Kaplan course (intensive for 4 weeks - 5 hours every Sunday (2.5 hrs Math, 2.5 Verbal) in London and I found it very useful as it taught me a lot of strategies and shortcuts and familiarised myself with the test. However, once you have the content covered, the best thing is to practice with the real GMAT questions from the 11th Edition. Also the scores you get on the practice CATs in Kaplan arenot necessarily an accurate reflection of what you will get on the real GMAT. Kaplan tries to make the questions more difficult than the real GMAT but what that results in is questions that are not written in the same style of the real GMAT questions.

I took GMAT early Aug and got 580 so I am retaking on 12 Oct and am now using the Official Guide (OG) 11th Edition mainly and refer to the Kaplan materials for the shortcuts.

Depends what your situation is - if you know the GMAT structure well then you don't necessarily need the Kaplan course. Just use books. I went for the course to 'force' me to study the GMAT. Also depends how much time you have.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Avenger,

I'm planning to take the GMAT in December. The Kaplan course starts a month from now and it ends a month before I take the GMAT, so I think It will be quite helpfull for me to take this course.

Thanks for sharing your experience...

André
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
As a fellow South American and not an expert (i´m in the same spot as you are)

I would take it, math in english is not the same as in Portuguese or Spanish, so if you have the opportunity. take the course.

BR,

Alejandro
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]