Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:05

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 17:35
Hey all,

I just met a guy for drinks that's a Duke and Kellogg admit. He's not sure which way to go. He's considering the Kellogg dual degree in Master's of Engineering Management/MBA and the regular full-time Duke MBA.

Does anyone know anyone in the dual degree MEM/MBA program at Kellogg? I was hoping that someone on this forum would have an opinion either way so I can help the guy out.

Anything?

How to Get Into a Top MBA Program
http://www.squidoo.com/topmbaprograms
How to Ace the GMAT - 3 Proven Tips
http://EzineArticles.com/?id=1247291

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 17:41
MMM program is a great program. It and MIT's LFM are probably the two big name ME/MBA programs. Its a smaller part of the MBA program and seems to actually have even better placement stats. I would say if you want supply chain, ops, or even consulting (McKinsey seems to like them a lot) you probably cant do any better than MMM or LFM.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 17:46
I don't know too much yet about the MMM program, but I was very impressed by a couple of the LFMs I met at Sloan (I assume MMM is similar enough to LFM). I think the recruiting stats were stronger for LFMs than the general Sloan population, and their incoming stats were also slightly higher. I think career options are wide open, with a mild expectation/belief that you will go into supply chain, ops, manufacturing, etc.

riverripper wrote:
MMM program is a great program. It and MIT's LFM are probably the two big name ME/MBA programs. Its a smaller part of the MBA program and seems to actually have even better placement stats. I would say if you want supply chain, ops, or even consulting (McKinsey seems to like them a lot) you probably cant do any better than MMM or LFM.
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 10:42
Is the MMM more expensive than the current MIT LGO program? I still don't quite understand why the number of applicants are so low for these like the LGO? It seems to be very good value for the $ and are the options really that limited?

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Re: Kellogg Dual MEM/MBA vs. Duke   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2010, 10:42