Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also heard that most students live in Evanston because of the many group meetings. When I visited Kellogg I was staying downtown (near Water Tower) and it took me about 45 minutes on the El train to get to Evanston. It's doable by public transit but I could see it getting really annoying.
It's still really early but does anyone know of any good websites to look for apartments in Evanston when the time comes?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="cappy"]I also heard that most students live in Evanston because of the many group meetings. When I visited Kellogg I was staying downtown (near Water Tower) and it took me about 45 minutes on the El train to get to Evanston. It's doable by public transit but I could see it getting really annoying.
It's still really early but does anyone know of any good websites to look for apartments in Evanston when the time comes?[/quote]

Cappy, one thing I heard from one of the students who lived in downtown Chicago for a while was that she had a lot of issue with staying on campus late. I guess the trains stop running at some point. I don't know.

You going to DAK on April 27th-29th?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was there yesterday and was told that about 90% of students live within a mile of campus. Lots of group meetings, etc, make it convenient. People who live elsewhere are usually already in the Chicago area and don't wanna move or their sign. others work somewhere else in Chicago, etc.

About the train, outside of rush hours (3.15pm to 7pm in the evening, dunno in the morning) there are no express trains to downtown so it takes about 1 hour just to get to a station downtown + walking somewhere = a very long commute.

Cheers. L.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks lepium. Sounds like living closeby is a necessity.

Zagros - I am about 90% sure that I will attend Kellogg but don't want to commit until I hear back from Chicago next week. So I haven't commited to going to DAK just yet. Are you going?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="cappy"]Thanks lepium. Sounds like living closeby is a necessity.

Zagros - I am about 90% sure that I will attend Kellogg but don't want to commit until I hear back from Chicago next week. So I haven't commited to going to DAK just yet. Are you going?[/quote]

I will be going to DAK yes. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]