Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneuship- Sustainable Manufacturing
Schools:Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
 Q43  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q45  V41
GPA: 2.1
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Re: Location Effect on GMAT [#permalink]
GMAC can't afford to discriminate!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2931 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
It's always fun to speculate about things that can't be established with certainty one way or the other ! :wink:

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
shrouded1 wrote:
It's always fun to speculate about things that can't be established with certainty one way or the other ! :wink:

It happens, but we should concentrate on other important things.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
shekharvineet wrote:
Hi
May be it sounds stupid but I am just curious to know if location has any effect on the questions posted ON GMAT. Does the level of difficulty vary with the test centers located at various countries? For example, let us consider Scandivavia and India: Do the applicants in both countries face questions with the same level of diificulty and is there any relation between GMAT score and the country where one takes the exam?

It matters only when you have such misconceptions. Concentrate on your studies and Mock tests. Leave everything else for the computer adaptive test.

Gmat is same for each n every applicants of the world.

Gr8 to knw that. I never said its not. I was simply curious to know if there is even a chance that location plays a factor in the GMAT. Its not a misconception but a simple question out of curiousity.
And the reason for my curiousity was the fact that GMAT is not so popular in Scandinavia as opposed to some Asian countries like India, China.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shrouded1 wrote:

Yah thats absolutely correct. I have been slogging for the GMAT for the past several days and got really bored, so decided to post something that may turn out be speculative and controversial, apart from being a little stupid :)
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools:B.A. Harvard
Send PM
Hi shekharvineet,

This is actually a common question! Our CEO did a whole blog post about a similar topic - i.e. whether the GMAT is India is more different than in the US and Canada. Here's an excerpt from the question he received and the post he did about it (you can check out the whole thing by clicking here):
Quote:
I wanted to take some time to dispel a fascinating—but unhealthy—rumor about the GMAT. This rumor is best summarized by a concerned Knewton student who wrote me the following:

I was speaking to someone in India in the test prep industry about the GMAT and that person seemed very confident that the database of questions for the GMAT test in India is different from the database of questions in the US and Canada (the pool of questions in India being harder). Have you heard anything like this?

And here is how I responded:

You’ve touched upon some topics that interest me a great deal, so let me give you a longer answer.

The test-makers have always used multiple question pools at any one time, even within the United States. This is done for security reasons, so questions can’t be pirated... Question pools rotate every few months. Pools used internationally either just came from and/or will soon head back to North America. These pools are all (almost) perfectly calibrated with each other so that your score on one continent will be—within the margin of error—your score on another.

Schools are trying to increase their international exposure, not decrease it. Harvard Business School grads occupy one of the top three positions at something like fifty percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. With India and China developing rapidly, HBS and other top schools are eager—even desperate—to mirror that dominance in Indian and Chinese companies. Take my word for it—having gone to HBS and seen their admissions practices firsthand (as well as their legendary habit of nickel and diming their students!)—Harvard Business School is as much or more about Business than it is about School. HBS is, at its core, a factory churning out top business leaders. Those leaders then turn around and give generously to the endowment. That’s the model all B-schools operate under, and it only works if they admit whoever they think will be the most successful.

I agree that these kinds of topics can be interesting to debate and talk about! I just figured I'd weigh in with some more info if you were interested. Good luck with your studying. :)
GMAT Club Bot