Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Looking for some Last few days tips ... schools, etc [#permalink]
What is your target score ? I'd say the GMAT prep tests is fairly accurate in predicting what your score is likely to be on the real test . What are your section scores ?in which section are you slow ?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'd like to get a 700 to maximize my chances of getting into the best local business school (Stern) but am not sure that is attainable this go-around.

I scored 760 on GMAT Prep 1 the first time I tried it (prior to any studying at all) and since then can't even get out of the 500s in MGMAT CATs. The very high GMATPrep1 score, months ago, really gave me a false high confidence and only really studying for a couple of weeks in the meantime.

If I score below 650 I'm positive I will be signing up for another go, and using this forum and an actual study plan.

For the last month or so I've been going through chapters in the MGMAT books and I am able to complete the practice problems but when i do the MGMAT test it is like I've never seen the material before. Definitely practice would have improved this (because I forget the "tricks" I learned 2 weeks prior and did 20 samples for), so I am confident that if I were to have applied myself better I would be in a much better position right now. It is too late to reschedule without forfeiting the fee, so I will take it (not giving up on it either), and not hesitate to sign up again for 4-5 months away from now and apply myself more now that I will have seen what happens when I don't.

Will need to add integrated reasoning to my repertoire as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
if i am quite not confident in my ability to do my best this weekend is it better to just forfeit the fee and take it in several months, or just take it to see how i did? I know that 3-4 tests look "worse" than a single good score, what about 2, especially if there's a significant improvement?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just took GMATPrep 1 again and received a 770 - Q49 V45. (I didn't remember any of the problems/answers from the first time 6+ weeks ago on March 12th when I got a 750)

This is the *OLD* Version (from prior to the April upgrade).

Any comments?? Is this realistic or what's going on that I am getting crushed by MGMAT tests and killing the GMAT Prep?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I had a 780 on MGMAT Test 1 taken a few days before my actual GMAT, on which I scored 710.

There is definitely some score inflation on MGMAT especially on the Verbal Section. I think it all comes down to the Verbal, which is not easy on the real test. The Verbal on the real test is also changing significantly, esp. the Sentence Correction. I even doubt the Official Guide is currently an accurate gauge in terms of SC questions one can expect to see on the real test.
GMAT Club Bot