Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 15:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low GMAT Low GPA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Low GMAT Low GPA [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 21:03
Hi guys,

This is definitely not how i wanted my first post on the Gmat club to be. Unfortunately though, I am going through a bad phase and i need your help! :(

I gave my first GMAT attempt back in April, thinking it would be a cakewalk and ended up scoring a 570..Safe to say, i was devastated and decided to give it again. Due to a number of reasons, I couldn't give my second attempt till yesterday (with over a month of preparation0 and scored a 630....I really thought i'd nail it this time, considering i got 660-700 range in all my prep tests.. :-( :-( i don't think i have it in me to give another test especially considering all b school deadlines are so close..

My GPA is 2.9 and my GMAT is 630 but beyond that i have a very strong profile with work ex, exposure, clientele, extra curricular etc

Can you guys suggest some schools globally where i could apply? And also if i stand a speck of a chance in any of the following

1. NUS/ Nanyag/ SMU
2. Rotman Business School - Canada
3. SP jain Global MBA

Thanks and Cheers! :-)

*Never give up* :-)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Low GMAT Low GPA [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 21:40
There is no reason to lament. I see you have a low GPA but your GMAT score is better than a lot of schools require. I don't think you should have problem getting in a good school.

Your education does not mean everything, it is how you use it. There are so many people who are highly educated and successful but they have never used their education. On the other hand there are people who have no education have still become successful. So don't worry.

Good luck!
Re: Low GMAT Low GPA   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2013, 21:40