Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 01:02 It is currently 10 May 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11676 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
Send PM
Re: Magoosh vs GmatPrepNow - What are your guys thoughts and experiences [#permalink]
I agree that Magoosh was a fantastic supplemental resource. Considering the amount of content you get - video lessons and video answer review for every single answer, large set of practice questions, etc. - it's definitely worth the $99 price-tag.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2759 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Re: Magoosh vs GmatPrepNow - What are your guys thoughts and experiences [#permalink]
you can try GMATprepnow since it is free and also try Magoosh trail version.
Both the tutorials offer video based explanations along with other aspects.
Magoosh also offers score improvement guarantee for retakes.
Best method is to try all free versions and then determine which suits your need and requirement. :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
stp015 wrote:
I agree that Magoosh was a fantastic supplemental resource. Considering the amount of content you get - video lessons and video answer review for every single answer, large set of practice questions, etc. - it's definitely worth the $99 price-tag.

How'd you get it for $99 it's at $149 for me right now..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
Send PM
EliMan wrote:
stp015 wrote:

How'd you get it for $99 it's at $149 for me right now..

I purchased it several years ago, like around 2013. The price must have gone up since then. I took a break for 2 years, and then purchased an "extension" for a substantially lower price this year so I could resume access. Even at $149 I think it's worth the cost, in my opinion. But depends on your budget and what you're looking for - you should leverage the trial to see if it fits your needs.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11676 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi EliMan,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
I like the set up with Magoosh, the company replies to my questions and for the $99 a good investment. As GmatPrepNow is free use both.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.1
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Can anyone comment on 77$ for GMATPREPNOW????
Is it value for money?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2423 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Magoosh vs GmatPrepNow - What are your guys thoughts and experiences [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
People were raving about GMATPrepNow when it was free, so all things considered, $77 is not bad...especially considering that he gave all his videos away, for free, for years.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of video learning, because videos are static and cannot adapt to the student's particular strengths and weaknesses. It's easy to *watch* a video, of course, but ease does not equal effectiveness. Videos can be helpful for learning basic GMAT concepts, but for the most part, they are not the best format for retention and comprehension, which is why you should make sure to take detailed notes as well. And yes, practice problems are great, but what I like about GMATPrepNow in comparison to Magoosh is that beneath his videos, he provides links to many real GMAT questions that are similar (along with explanations), rather than using entirely synthetic questions like Magoosh, a company that seems to be more obsessed with providing students with content solely created within its own ecosystem.

It's always better to learn on real GMAT questions when possible, especially on Verbal, where the precise "flavor" of real GMAT questions is nearly impossible to replicate. That being said, I am a big fan of the book Ace the GMAT: Master the GMAT in 40 Days, which includes synthetic questions written by the author. Yet even that book could have been improved by including references to real GMAT questions that are relevant to the concepts, strategies and techniques being taught.
GMAT Club Bot
Magoosh vs GmatPrepNow - What are your guys thoughts and experiences [#permalink]