I would appreciate some help in evaluating my profile for an MBA admission. For starters, the schools I am interested in are: INSEAD and IE.
I will split the profile into three different parts (Academic, Work Experience and Extra-curricular/Volunteer activities) and I will also mention my background to highlight my international experience.
I am originally from Lebanon and I traveled to Montreal, QC, Canada for education and work experience.
McGill University: Major Electrical Engineering, Minor in Management
1- Bombardier Aerospace:
- System Integrator for one year in the Flight Controls department
- Engineering Lead for 2 years (presently still occupying the position) in the Flight Controls department
I started off as a System Integrator in the flight control systems department. Through hard work, initiative and leadership, I was able to get an Engineering Lead position in the same department. I am very valued in the organization and I can get a very good recommendation from my manager who will be able to vouch for my leadership skills.
2- Other internships/short term work experienes
- VP Finance for the Lebanese Student Association of McGill
- Marketer for AISEC McGill
- Soccer intra-murals
Throughout Work Experience:
- Volunteer for the annual Bombardier Centraide Campaign and appointed as Campaign director, again, through hard work and demonstrated leadership
I started off as a regular volunteer and as a primary organizer for one of the yearly fundraising events. I was able to work my way up and be recommended as a Campaign director. I could get a recommendation from one of the previous campaign directors and he can also vouch for my leadership abilities.
- Mentor for a young child with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Toastmaster's Club (Public Speaking)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
INSEAD is a stretch. You are more competitive at IE.
JUST PUBLISHED! MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog