Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: MBA Admission Profile Evaluation (European, Consultant, Career Change) [#permalink]
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your information! First off, it looks like you're targeting a lot of schools at the moment - this gives us a great starting point. Now, how do we pare down these list of schools to a manageable set to focus in on for R1 applications? First off, I'm noticing that your academic profile is a bit on the lower side for about half these schools. Since we have a bit of time between now and the application period, I'd recommend giving the GMAT another shot. In addition, I'd recommend taking a couple MBA level courses to develop a supplemental transcript - classes such as finance/accounting, economics, or statistics are a good benchmark for your ability to handle an MBA level curriculum.

Your work experience seems to be in a good spot. Since you didn't go into too much detail, I can't give you a fair ruling, but I'm assuming as an Assistant Manager, you've had your fair share of leadership opportunities. Think about the key accomplishments and initiatives you led - think direct impact. Your international background and multilingual skills are a plus, and hopefully you can build a strong story around this. One thing I suggest is to pick a direct path for your post-MBA goals. Is it apparel, is it consumer goods, is it sports and entertainment? Pick one and develop a case for why a given school will help you achieve those goals.

Finally, I'm noticing your involvement in extra curricular activities is a bit light. Think about how you can get involved in your community - what do you care about? how could you making a lasting impact in your community? See if you can take on a project and lead an initiative.

Think about the advice I've shared and develop a position of what is realistic for you to take on and what isn't. Then, prioritize that list accordingly and come up with a plan of action between now and the application deadlines. Hope this helps! Take a look at our free resources as you prepare your materials. Let us know if you think we can help! Best of luck!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: MBA Admission Profile Evaluation (European, Consultant, Career Change) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Freds,

Another tip it to assess the transferable skills and experiences you have gained that would serve you well in your career change to the sports/apparel/consumer goods industry. Identifying them clearly and how an MBA from the target program would build on these will greatly help. This could be expertise in a particular process, familiarity with the markets your specific industry is growing in, or even standards/systems, among others. Communicating this clearly will assure admissions that your post MBA goal is achievable and that you would benefit from the program, while contributing to the experiences of your peers.

All the best!
Edison
GMAT Club Bot