Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: MBA Consultant Reviews [#permalink]
Hey Bookie - I assure you that I have no vested interest in advancing Fortuna's success. I just wanted to share with you and others my experience with them. Thanks for your concern and I don't fault you for the herring of "first-time poster." My response to you stems from my belief in the usefulness of my story to others. Like I indicated at the end of my post, it's up to potential applicants to consider which service would work best for them. There are a lot of service providers available in the marketplace and I just found one that luckily worked to my advantage.

Cheers and good luck on your MBA application journey!

TheBookie wrote:
While I'd like to believe that your story is genuine. I do have suspicion that you work for Fortuna Admissions and your are trolling this post (being that this is your first post).
So for those reading the following account, be forewarned ( my opinion , but make your own judgements)

LAMBA2015 wrote:
Hi there - I'll get started with a review of Fortuna Admissions.

I wanted to gain admission into INSEAD, which had been my dream school since finishing undergrad. Though I was familiar with the program and most of the elements that the school's AdCom seeks in its prospective students, I initially lacked the clarity I needed to weave a compelling story. I was especially concerned because of my decision to have pursued a (seemingly) non-linear career path prior to applying. I knew that getting my story right and presenting it in a light that would appeal to INSEAD's AdCom would be my greatest challenge.

I had a few friends who had used admissions consultants in the past and their results had been mixed. With that said, I really didn't know what to expect when I selected Fortuna, but I took comfort in the knowledge that I'd be working with experts who had intimate knowledge of the INSEAD MBA Program; after all, I had the benefit of bouncing my initial strategy off of a former admissions director for the program! I ended up working with a small team at Fortuna with whom I clearly identified the strengths and weakness of my profile. They kept me on track with the most important aspect of my application - the essays. By the time the process was over, I had some of the best essays that I had ever written on-hand and a compelling story that I had practiced rigorously with one of my interview coaches.

With Fortuna's help, I gained admission into a highly selective global MBA program that I had previously only dreamed of getting into. I could not be more thrilled with the outcome :-D I was uncertain about the value of admissions consultants (ACs) going into the process, but I am now living proof of their worth! My recommendation to others considering going with an AC: do your research on them, understand where they can help, identify any programs with which they may have unique familiarity/success and, most importantly, be open and honest with them once the work begins!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I am immensely pleased to share that I have received an admit from NYU Stern for the full time MBA program.The application procedure can be really stressful. With an extremely low GPA, I wasn't sure if I will be able to get into my top choice school.I spoke with several consultants before making my pick. From the very 1st call, I felt that Arvind from Dream School Admit saw merit in my profile besides my low GPA and was happy to help me structure my story to focus on the other aspects.Throughout the process, he was extremely helpful. He knows what different colleges are looking for and would always probe you in the right direction based on the school you are applying to.I also prepped for my interview with him and some of the questions we did in our mock turned out to be exactly the same as Arvind had predicted which made me feel quite at ease through the interview process.I'm really thankful to Arvind for helping me make it to NYU Stern.
GMAT Club Bot