Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 13:48 It is currently 01 May 2024, 13:48

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 24, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 23, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1) Why MBA? Why MBS? What can you bring to MBS 2) One time you were in the minority in a team and convinced others 3) One time you tried to implement change in your organisation 4) best advice that you have ever received and why?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 23, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 11, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was mostly based on the application and essays I had submitted. It lasted for ~30 mins (~20 mins-interview, 10 mins-queries). Heather Spiro was the interviewer. She was quite friendly and welcoming. Questions were mainly: 1) Why MBA? 2) Why MBS? 3) Career and goals questions 4) Time when you had to resolve conflict? 5) Example of overcoming a setback"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 28, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 30, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was a casual one , the interviewer made me feel at ease before starting off the interview. Major questions were , 1. Why MBA? 2. Why MBS ? 3. Few questions related to my resume and work experience. 4. Extracurricular activities and how would I contribute to the class of diverse group of students It was more of a discussion ,and lasted for around 15 minutes."
6.3 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 15, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 12, 20
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Had an interview over Zoom with Nia from their admissions committee. The whole thing was quite casual and fun. The following are the questions I was asked during the interview. Walk me through your resume and tell me about your most significant work achievement. Why MBA and why in Manchester? What are your goals post MBA? Have you spoken to any alumni? Any questions for me? I felt at ease throughout the interview and the overall vibe was friendly."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 30, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had my interview through Skype with a member of Manchester's admissions committee. Questions I was asked are the following: - Some version of "walk me through your resume." - What are your short and long term goals? (Follow up is any plan Bs?) - Why Manchester? - Have you talked to any students or alumni? - Some questions that are specific to my work experience so far. - Any questions for me? The interview felt on the casual. Definitely wasn't a nerve-wrecking experience for me."
3.3 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 19
Interviewed on:
Nov 14, 19
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had Skype interview with Helen, she is admission director. It is very casual interview, nothing stressful as far as you know your background, story well. She said she already read all my application material, and she also watched the Kira interview video I submitted-this is new starting from this year. She asked me how do I feel about this type of interview format? A few questions I can remember: walk me through your experience, specifically your current job, and why MBA now? What is your ideal work environment? She asked one element of my responsibilities, she wanted me to explain what is that about. She asked how do I feel about my current company? What I am most proud of as extra curriculum? What is other hobby I have? Did you talk with some alumni or student? Then some other small questions I don't remember any more, probably not important either. She was also trying to emphasize a few highlights of the program, like 4 projects in total, internship, good connection with IT companies as this is what I want to pursue. She also mentioned the 2 year post graduate work permit policy that was just announced. Then she gave me some time to ask her questions too, like 15 mins. Her question period is around 40 mins, then my question period is around 15 mins. She said there will be admissions committee meeting on next Monday, so the result should come out soon at the same time with scholarship result. Generally it is just a casual conversation you would have during some networking event."
5 years
Canada
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 19
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 5, 19
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had an interview with Fran Johnson. Prior to the interview, I've search her profile and she used to be a risk consultant, hence I'm not afraid to get technical during the interview. The interview question: - Walk me through your resume. My advice is not just read your resume but thoroughly explain what is your main responsibilities - Short term goals. Make sure that MBS will help you achieve your short term goals - Behavioral question. This will depend on your previous answer. Fran realized that I'm a very well structured guy and loves to take control of the situation so she asked me what will you do if you can't control the situation during the consultancy projects? I don't think I answered this correctly though :( The whole interview lasts 51 minutes, I don't ask many questions because I already met one of their representative during his visit to Indonesia. Fran said that an admission committee meeting will be held this week so probably you guys should receive the decision soon."
This user wants to stay Private
7.5 years
Indonesia
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 18
Off Campus
Interviewed on:
Apr 20, 16
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview on 7th Mar'16 at Bengaluru, India when an Associate Director had visited India. I was called for a Pre-Application interview i.e. I hadn't submitted my application by then. It was primarily based on my resume. The interview lasted 30 minutes with 10 minutes for questions. Main questions were - 1. Explain about yourself 2. How many employees are there in your organization 3. Key aspects of your profile 4. What team members would say about you 5. Mention an instance when you have had differences with your immediate supervisor. Apart from these, were the typical, Post MBA plans and about your interests. I am into cycling so spoke about cycling and running. The interview was conversational with the interviewer interested to know more about my experience. For the prospective applicants, please be prepared to mention specific instances of being a team player and where you have exhibited leadership qualities."