Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Does anybody know what is the latest date I can put in the application form for waitlisted candidates?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
That's super fast. I guess they have prepared everything way before the deadline.
krzt wrote:
My welcome binder was waiting for me when I got home today. So fast! I guess it helps that I'm in the northern VA area, but still...way to go Georgetown!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nice! I just sent request to join the facebook group.

Thanks for the clarification about scholarship. Do we need to apply for it if we need RA or TA? How does it work?

CoffeBeans wrote:
mbahopeful02 wrote:
tk2131 wrote:
anyone know if theres a facebook group for the new class? it would be fun to start "meeting" each other!

I too looked for the same. However couldn't find any. Can we go ahead and create it?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Drucker wrote:

Do we need to apply for it if we need RA or TA? How does it work?

No idea...I guess they will include the information later on the welcome website. Meanwhile, i'll try to find more about it from the current students...will post it here, if something important comes up...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone knows what are the chances to get admitted from the waitlist??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
amirkabir wrote:
Anyone knows what are the chances to get admitted from the waitlist??

For full time 345 were on the list and 73 were admitted last year so it was about one in five. Not great, but certainly possible.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone have info re: Round 3 at McDonough? I mean the worst the could happen is I don't get in, right?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Congrats to all of the Round 2 admits! Make sure to join the R1ers on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/189566891136980/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
CoffeBeans wrote:
Drucker wrote:

Do we need to apply for it if we need RA or TA? How does it work?

No idea...I guess they will include the information later on the welcome website. Meanwhile, i'll try to find more about it from the current students...will post it here, if something important comes up...

Here is what I found out about the assistance-ships:
"These opportunities are posted at the beginning of the academic year, and stipends range from $1,100 to $2,200 per semester."
Still not clear about the procedure, but the stipend is too low to be considered significant financial aid if I compare to what I got from Kelley-around 34K + health insurance for 2 years.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: some of the above comments about $$ in the admit letter and assistantships (assistanceships?) ...

To be honest, the financial aid package or lack of it is what is preventing me from putting down a deposit immediately. I was really hoping for some scholarship or grant money, or some more funding programs affiliated with the University that I could look into. The options are now to suck it up and pay full tuition for McDonough, or apply to a higher ranked school next year where the perceived value around the program can better justify the $$.

I like this program a lot, but I have been on the job market more than once these past few years and the scary thought that I won't be recruited somewhere after graduation and thus unable to begin paying off these bills has me in the grips of paralyzing fear.

Does anyone know if most universities have only loans available for MBA students?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In the same boat, the huge debt is really scaring me...
But I think we all have to face the uncertainty somehow.
tk2131 wrote:
Re: some of the above comments about $$ in the admit letter and assistantships (assistanceships?) ...

To be honest, the financial aid package or lack of it is what is preventing me from putting down a deposit immediately. I was really hoping for some scholarship or grant money, or some more funding programs affiliated with the University that I could look into. The options are now to suck it up and pay full tuition for McDonough, or apply to a higher ranked school next year where the perceived value around the program can better justify the $$.

I like this program a lot, but I have been on the job market more than once these past few years and the scary thought that I won't be recruited somewhere after graduation and thus unable to begin paying off these bills has me in the grips of paralyzing fear.

Does anyone know if most universities have only loans available for MBA students?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Its nice to hear Im not the only one. But, I really do want to enroll this fall. I decided I would make my final decision after welcome weekend ...

Drucker wrote:
In the same boat, the huge debt is really scaring me...
But I think we all have to face the uncertainty somehow.
tk2131 wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Looks like there are more applications this year than last through this point to the Georgetown MBA prorgram:

https://www.thehoya.com/news/mba-applica ... 2ybpcWm-GM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I definitely appreciate all the efforts from GT's admission office. My experience with GT is the best among all the schools I have applied.
novanative wrote:
Looks like there are more applications this year than last through this point to the Georgetown MBA prorgram:

https://www.thehoya.com/news/mba-applica ... 2ybpcWm-GM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does McDonough offer any type of travel reimbursement for Welcome Weekend? I did not see anything on the website, but just double checking. I'm not sure I can swing it financially with other family travel obligations in April and May. Would really like to make it though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Drucker wrote:
I definitely appreciate all the efforts from GT's admission office. My experience with GT is the best among all the schools I have applied.

Seems like a Georgetown thing in general! I just got my welcome packet from the policy school and there was a handwritten note from the dean mentioning specific parts of my application. I was pretty impressed! I'm still waiting to hear from other schools, but it's going to be hard to say no to GT even if I do get in anywhere else...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Okay, I got my decision back from Round 1 for the Evening Program. Waitlisted and deferred for round 2.

I am disappointed, but I kinda knew an outright admit would be a little hard when my GPA of 3.1 and GMAT of 640 were right below the medians for last year's class...

They did encourage more information from me by mid-April, such as a new LOR, another essay, and/or a new GMAT or GRE score.. The letter was generic, but the first thing noted was a new GMAT (but they take GRE too).

I guess I should go all in for one more run at the test? Torn on it, but I am so tempted to do it.....

Fortunately, I don't feel too bummed right now, but I think I have a chance with the higher test....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts