Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 14:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Book or else?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 21

MGMAT Book or else? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 11:47
Hey people!

I recently went through my full first practice test and now I know that RC is my weakest part of all three in verbal.

My question is now if it is efficient to work with the MGMAT RC book or (since I have "only" one month left - full time) to stick to other strategies e.g. the gmat club strategy and to focus on practicing and reading the economist etc. ?

What do u guys think?

Best

With all the best!

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MGMAT Book or else? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 12:00
TheGerman wrote:
Hey people!

I recently went through my full first practice test and now I know that RC is my weakest part of all three in verbal.

My question is now if it is efficient to work with the MGMAT RC book or (since I have "only" one month left - full time) to stick to other strategies e.g. the gmat club strategy and to focus on practicing and reading the economist etc. ?

What do u guys think?

Best

hi,

i will say manhattan RC strategy is good...but it totally depends on you how much you practice using the same strategy.
i will say go through the strategy ...it will take hardly 2- 3 days. to finish them....then hit on the RCs using the same strategy...i will say practice around 10 RCs ..using same strategy given in manhattan....then jusdge youself whether that strategy is working for you or not(hope it willl work)....
but in rare case if it doesnt go for other strategies.....
but in the end..its all your effort...which pays....,if you are not a habitual reader..then it might take sometime to improve on RCs
Go through the articles...research papers...(approx 5 of them daily)

hope it helps
gud luck

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...

GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 21

Re: MGMAT Book or else? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 12:27
Hey, I 've just come across

http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-destroy-reading-comprehension-passages-by-rhyme-30247.html

I think I m gonna try this as it looks promising. Anyone got any experience with it?

With all the best!

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 6

Re: MGMAT Book or else? [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2013, 09:46
Expert's post
If you're finding no improvement in RC, I'd suggest you take a look at some of these sample RC videos that show you how to read the passage.

Nobody ever teaches you how to "read" - they just tell you to read the words. To really grasp things on the GMAT and in real-life, you'll want to quickly identify how a passage is structured and use that to help you understand the intent of the author. Give the gmatpill RC videos a shot.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT Book or else? [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2013, 11:57
hi!

If you're looking for outside help I just took a 6 week private course with Sean from Tutor the People and my score went up drastically. He scored in the 99th percentile and was extremely attentive to the areas that I was really struggling in. Plus they donate 5% of the cost to Children of Promise - a non-profit that mentors and provides tutors to underprivileged children - which is pretty cool!
Hit me up if you have any questions!

MB
Re: MGMAT Book or else?   [#permalink] 09 Jul 2013, 11:57