Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 00:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2008, 19:38
fresinha12 wrote:
terp06 wrote:
I took the quant section only of GMATPrep 2 today and scored another 46. I'm going to go ahead and do a re-take of the whole GMAT Prep 2 tomorrow morning and see how I do. I didn't look over any of the answers after the test today. Can anyone clarify whether Q46 is 80% percentile or above? My goal is to barely break past the 80th percentile on Quant and try to max out my Verbal as much as possible.

buddy..u need not worry about percentile..you should focus on getting as many question correct..percentiles is not something you should worry about..

just focus on getting as many question correct..and you will see that this approach will help you socre 50-51


Good point - but I don't want or need 50-51. As long as I can nail a 47-49 and clean up a few careless errors on my verbal to bring my verbal to the low-mid 40s, I'm going to have a stellar score.
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3405
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2008, 19:52
i wish i was as good as you in verbal...i need to score 40+ on V

terp06 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
terp06 wrote:
I took the quant section only of GMATPrep 2 today and scored another 46. I'm going to go ahead and do a re-take of the whole GMAT Prep 2 tomorrow morning and see how I do. I didn't look over any of the answers after the test today. Can anyone clarify whether Q46 is 80% percentile or above? My goal is to barely break past the 80th percentile on Quant and try to max out my Verbal as much as possible.

buddy..u need not worry about percentile..you should focus on getting as many question correct..percentiles is not something you should worry about..

just focus on getting as many question correct..and you will see that this approach will help you socre 50-51


Good point - but I don't want or need 50-51. As long as I can nail a 47-49 and clean up a few careless errors on my verbal to bring my verbal to the low-mid 40s, I'm going to have a stellar score.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2008, 19:58
I do too. I'm confident that my skill level is there - I made a couple of careless errors in my last 2 CAT exams which kept me from breaking 40. We'll see how my full practice exam tomorrow goes.

[quote="fresinha12"]i wish i was as good as you in verbal...i need to score 40+ on V
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2008, 12:09
Terp: Just took MGMAT #5, got a 680. Verbal stayed solid at 41, quant dropped down to 41. I'm gonna go back and refresh what I had worked on before. 2 weeks to go!
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2008, 13:37
I just got done with MGMAT CAT6 myself. Omne: Looks like we're both kicking butt on Verbal and struggling on Quant.

700 - Q44 (73%), V41 (93%). I knew my Quant was weak and I got some particularly difficult questions on my Quant this time. My verbal was fantastic.

I'm very pleased to see my verbal cross 40 and my overall score finally cross 700 for the first time. I am scheduled to take the test on June 27th (12 days from now). It's going to be a rough few days ahead but I'm hoping I can take a GMATPrep right before the test and score at least a 720-730.

Q47/V43 would give me a 730 - if I got that I would be a very happy man and I would never retake this test again :)
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2008, 11:18
Took GMATPrep this morning and I received another 700 with the same breakdown at last week (Q44, V41). I take the real test this coming Friday. If my Quant score is under 47, I will have to retake the test in about a month. This is really frightening.
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2008, 14:52
My G-Day is Friday 6/27, or 2 days from now.

I just took my first GMATPrep with AWA. Q47/V41 - 710. Not too many repeats. I'm pretty pleased :)

I'm gonna study my butt off tonight, take one more tomorrow, and then ease off tomorrow night.
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2008, 17:51
terp06 wrote:
My G-Day is Friday 6/27, or 2 days from now.

I just took my first GMATPrep with AWA. Q47/V41 - 710. Not too many repeats. I'm pretty pleased :)

I'm gonna study my butt off tonight, take one more tomorrow, and then ease off tomorrow night.


Good luck terp06! I'm sure you'll do great.

When you have time, would you share how you got your verbal down to perfection? What materials did you use and advice on SC and RC?

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2008, 17:58
hl1711 wrote:
terp06 wrote:
My G-Day is Friday 6/27, or 2 days from now.

I just took my first GMATPrep with AWA. Q47/V41 - 710. Not too many repeats. I'm pretty pleased :)

I'm gonna study my butt off tonight, take one more tomorrow, and then ease off tomorrow night.


Good luck terp06! I'm sure you'll do great.

When you have time, would you share how you got your verbal down to perfection? What materials did you use and advice on SC and RC?

Thanks!


I took the Manhattan GMAT 9-week prep course - and this helped my verbal tremendously. It brought my verbal up from the 33-35 range up to a consistent 41. If you want to self study - their SC book is pretty much the bible for SCs. As far as RCs and CRs, I can't say that I particularly feel comfortable giving advice as these are not my strongest points. I am strong at SC and average at RC and CR.

For CR + SC, I would also recommend participating in our verbal forum and going through OG questions as much as possible. RC is really all about concentration and practice.
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1634
Location: Southern California
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2008, 14:23
I did my last GMATPrep today.

730 - Q45, V45

Highest score yet, but I had a lot of repeats on the Verbal and a lot of careless errors on the Quant. I'm hoping that when it comes to game time tomorrow, a lot of the careless errors get cut out. We'll see how it goes.
_________________

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3405
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2008, 19:01
good LUCK...you will nail 700 its all yours..

terp06 wrote:
I did my last GMATPrep today.

730 - Q45, V45

Highest score yet, but I had a lot of repeats on the Verbal and a lot of careless errors on the Quant. I'm hoping that when it comes to game time tomorrow, a lot of the careless errors get cut out. We'll see how it goes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 289
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 04:14
mgmat permutations, combinations is very confusing and somewhat misleading, and introduce permutations (which weren't mentioned before it) when you go through their answers for that chapter...
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38   [#permalink] 27 Aug 2010, 04:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 640 (Q42/V35), Quant Help Need to get 680 (Q45/V38) basso25 1 18 Sep 2013, 18:15
GMAT 690 (Q 45, V 38), 88 percentile addikt 1 18 Feb 2012, 16:02
680 - all done (Q45, V38) FountainHead 3 01 Jan 2008, 09:54
Done - 680 (Q:45, v 38) gmatornot 18 11 Aug 2006, 15:25
Wrote my GMAT - 690 (Q - 45, V - 38) sridevi 4 30 Dec 2004, 21:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 32 posts ] 

Moderator: TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.