Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 15:52 It is currently 12 May 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3471 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: My study plan and your advice:) [#permalink]
Kudos
I second everything that has been said by rishiraj and whiplash. In case you have to take the TOEFL as well (which is likely to be the case if you intend to apply to an MBA program) I would actually recommend you to first study for TOEFL to improve your level of English and only thereafter tackle the GMAT. Good luck with your preparation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Business
Send PM
I have ordered all the books you have mentioned above. After studying 3 months, I can think of postponing the exam according to my test results.
Also, I got nearly 90 points from Toefl, And I was good at writing section in Toefl. However, as you know, it is easy to get high points in this section by memorizing some templates.
Thank for your helps:)))
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3471 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
If you are talking about the TOEFL IBT, then most schools require at least a score of 110 for you to be considered eligible to apply. So as stanford2012 suggested, I recommend getting that out of the way first, since it'll help you with your preparation for the GMAT as well. Good luck.
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Kudos
I'd like to reiterate what the others on this thread have said about the verbal section. For your ability level, the best way to work on your verbal skills for the GMAT might be to get a good grounding in English Grammar first. For this, I would suggest buying a regular English grammar textbook. From there, you can proceed to our sentence correction book, which others have mentioned, and which reminds you of the rules of English grammar that you need specifically for the GMAT.

I would also advise you not to just practice on many questions, but instead to make sure that you're learning about how the GMAT tests questions, and analyzing all of your answers. This applies to both the verbal and the quant sides of the test. For verbal, our instructor, Ron Purewal describes this technique well in this video segment: (you can watch the whole recording here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm )

I also think you would benefit from this article, which tells you how to analyze practice problems: https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/a ... roblem.cfm

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

Best,
Caitlin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Fairness wrote:
Firstly, I decided to get Powerscore CR Bible to improve CR section. This book is the most advisable product in that forum. I will be happy if you advise the second significant book for CR and also I am waiting your advice about other important books for SC.

Well, I think you did a good start. Getting a Powerscore CR Bible will surely increase your CR. I also use it when I was preparing for my exam.
GMAT Club Bot