Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Re: My TOEFL Experience - 111/120 [#permalink]
Good Score :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I took the TOEFL test on July 23, 2010. Today, it is August 28, 2010 and I still didn't receive my paper score. Normally, the scores arrive in 28 days, so probably my score is lost. The reason is TOEFL sends the paper scores via insecure mailing service instead of a registered mail (which proof of delivery is mailed to the sender). Although, the scores are very important, the customer service doesn't assist you effectively. if you try to tell your problem to the customer service via e-mail, they answer you with almost automated responses without taking your e-mails into consideration and replying your e-mail can take 3-4 business days. They charge you 17$ to send the scores again. Even though you indicate that the situation is urgent, they say "it takes 7 business days to mail the scores". Moreover, they say "delivery can take up to 4 weeks for international mail delivery". I need the TOEFL test for student visa application and now, I may miss it and this will cause me to lose my chance to pursue my education in a very reputable university in UK. I regret not to take IELTS instead of TOEFL IBT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Congrats for the great score!!

Was the reading part harder than you'd expected??
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Good score.
I got a 110/120 and got a super long reading section too. It went on for about 100 minutes and I started wondering if the exam software was erroneous and gave only reading questions :-D.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I took my TOEFL last saturday.The experience was terrible.AS soon as I went in I was asked to do a mike test,which is like about 2min,you have to keep saying Hyderabad Hyderabad.Since it kept saying error I had to do that 4 times and the incharge there made me literally scream in the mike.I was a little tired and to my luck I got 5 reading passages which takes 100min instead of the usual 60min.Everyone else got 3 passages :(.Listening was fine.Next after the break I had to do the mike test again.This time they made me do it with 4 different head sets and I did it 7 times.I told that lady I was tired and hungry.They made me wait for 20min outside repaired the computer and called me in.I finished my test at 2.40,others left by 1.15.I don't know what I did there I was exhausted.They could have directly repaired the computer instead of wasting my energy.All i got was a silly smile and relaxxx everything will be fine.I want to complain about this,I am sure the feedback form I filled is of no use.I am worried about my score.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4384 posts