Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 323 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: need advice [#permalink]
Hi rishabhmishra,

It looks like you need a study plan that you can stick to. Here is a customized one month study plan that can help boost your score: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... study-plan

Use this as a guideline. You don’t have to follow it exactly but the structure of the study plan should be the same structure that you take in your approach. This helps to optimize your retention and learning.

As you study, we recommend that you focus on one particular subsection for multiple consecutive days before moving onto the next. You can see this in our study plan where we recommend 5 days on nothing but SC -- before moving onto CR and then RC.

Here is a sample SC video to help you start your journey: https://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... ythons.mp4

Best of luck - we are here to help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 323 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
need advice [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi amitmulay,

To start, you would likely find it beneficial to 'mix' your studies a bit (meaning that you do 'some Quant' and 'some Verbal' each week). In that way, you can built up multiple skills at the same time and decrease the risk of losing any of that progress. You haven't provided much information about your studies so far, so before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

1) i have been studying from last 6 months including one month break because of my exams.
2)i have used jamboree material their red book and official guide 2016 and now i am using egmat material.
3)i haven't gave any mock or anything just because i want to finalize everything first the i want to go through that process.
4) My goal is above 680.
5) i am planning after 2 months.
6)I am planning for winter session and it also depend on their profile requirement when i will meet their requirement.
7) Basically i am planning for top hundred world wide b-schools mainly from america, australia, india and canada.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6277 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rishabhmishra,

Sorry to hear about your GMAT frustrations. You must remember that the GMAT is such a challenging exam because there are relatively few questions asked in a given exam, yet those questions come from a huge topic pool. So to be successful on the GMAT, not only do you have to fully learn all that is tested on the exam, but also you must ensure that you do not forget one topic as you move to the next.

If you find that your verbal knowledge slips when studying quant, and vice versa, you may consider taking a more balanced approach to your studies. In other words, rather than putting all your efforts into one section of the exam, break up your verbal and quant studying as necessary. Furthermore, when you’re studying, be sure to take detailed notes, so you can review those notes at a later date, ensuring that you are not forgetting various concepts/principles.

To get a better idea of your current GMAT score, could you take an official MBA.com practice exam and report back with your score breakdown? Once I have some more information, I'd be happy to provide further advice.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rishabhmishra,

If you've truly been studying for the last 5-6 months, then you really MUST take FULL-LENGTH CATs (with the Essay and IR sections) at regular intervals. This is the only way to truly track your progress and until we have an actual score result to review, we really have no way to determine what your current 'ability level' is yet. As such, you should plan to take one soon. Make sure to take the FULL CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) in a realistic fashion. Once you have that score result, you should post back here. Until we have that information, we have no way of knowing whether your studies are properly focused or not.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Jamboree sucks, I have reported to the major television networks, the assholes in Delhi would deliberately turn off Internet access so I couldn't study. Why is jamboree allowing monkeys to run its Delhi branches? Do NOT JOIN JAMBOREE, YOU WILL REGRET

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot