Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 07:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice on MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Need advice on MBA [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 03:49
Hi,

I am more than 10 years experience in IT industry and planning to do MBA. I have just started the preparation for GMAT but i was wondering i am already late for 2014-2015 application.

Wanted to know if there are any schools in India which have application dates in December or should i target 2015-2016 batch.

Also, what should be the expected score i should be targeting for ISB, IIM's?

Thanks a lot for help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 0

Re: Need advice on MBA [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 04:51
This post received
KUDOS
sachinohri wrote:
Hi,

I am more than 10 years experience in IT industry and planning to do MBA. I have just started the preparation for GMAT but i was wondering i am already late for 2014-2015 application.

Wanted to know if there are any schools in India which have application dates in December or should i target 2015-2016 batch.

Also, what should be the expected score i should be targeting for ISB, IIM's?

Thanks a lot for help.

At your experience level, you can look at the executive PGP programs offered by IIM A, B, C, I and L, as well as the XLRI GMP. The application deadlines for these are already over or near closure currently.

For all these schools, you would need to look at a GMAT score of ~700, the higher the better. This is because these programs are quite choosy and see a large number of applications from people with an IT/ITES background. (esp IIM A, B and C)

Typically, candidates take 3-4 months to prepare for the GMAT. But if you have been away from the academic scene for a while, you may take up to 5 months to prepare. So roughly, you could look at taking the GMAT around Dec/Jan. The application announcements for these programs come out around April/May every year. So you can look at putting in an early application in 2014.

If you are interested in a part-time program for senior executives, you could also consider ISB's PGPMAX. This program does not require you to take the GMAT. It is based on profile and interview.

Gowri N Kishore
Admissions Consultant
CrackVerbal

If you find my posts useful, do hit the 'Kudos' button. :)

Start working on your MBA applications - Round 1 deadlines are coming up soon!
http://www.crackverbal.com/mba-application-services/#

CrackVerbal's GMAT Classes now in Chennai, Mumbai & Delhi too!
http://www.crackverbal.com/GMAT-Digital.htm#

Re: Need advice on MBA   [#permalink] 21 Aug 2013, 04:51