Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Need advise [#permalink]
In such short notice, I have just one suggestion for you - Do Official Guide (OG 12 edition).

It will definitely help pull up your score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dokiyoki wrote:
In such short notice, I have just one suggestion for you - Do Official Guide (OG 12 edition).

The problem with only using OG 12 is the explanations are awful. I would at least pair it with MGMAT's Official Guide Companion for better explanations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
jpr200012 wrote:
dokiyoki wrote:

The problem with only using OG 12 is the explanations are awful. I would at least pair it with MGMAT's Official Guide Companion for better explanations.

I agree. OG companion will give you the best explanations.

What books did you refer to in the 3 weeks of study ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Hello sivsrinivas! Welcome to the gmatclub!

I think it would be better for you to join a course and strengthen your basics first. Also go through the links given by Hussain15.

Be an active member of gmatclub you'll learn a lot. Keep all of us update about your progress!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks to all for the kind reply. I used Kaplan alone and Princeton Review. But, I am thorough with the basics and I did my business maths in 12th standard and I was able to score 190 out of 100. I still remember all the basics. I think Kaplan is really misleading and was not useful. They give pages and pages of explanation like a story or a novel but there is not much of problems or solution. I should have bought the books from GMAT coz it is from where they normally ask questions and mostly they will not ask anything out of the syllabus from 12th edition Isnt. By the time I realized that , it was too late to go for it. Then , I also had problem in choosing the right answer in Verbal section though I am able to speak good English. I have been living abroad for the past 7 years and never had too much of problem with forming a correct sentence. But, today, I realized I did not have enough time to react to every question properly. I was rushing through the questions and I was not able to face them patiently. What am I suppose to do now! Should I give it a try again by the end of October or take time and study properly and do it in the next semester or next year. IF I dont do it now , I will have to wait till next year or the next semester.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
I believe it will be better for you to wait and apply in R2. I won't advise you to go for GMAT in October, it will be too earlier to go from 300 level to 600 level. You can try Knewton course if you are not confident. I also agree with you on the level of questions and representation of questions of Kaplan and TPR. They don't represent the true questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kissthegmat wrote:
I believe it will be better for you to wait and apply in R2. I won't advise you to go for GMAT in October, it will be too earlier to go from 300 level to 600 level. You can try Knewton course if you are not confident. I also agree with you on the level of questions and representation of questions of Kaplan and TPR. They don't represent the true questions.

I agree with it being too early. To be honest I thought 290 was a typo, but I just checked the range of possible scores. You need to spend the time and really learn/master the basics first. This will take time. You can do it! :)
GMAT Club Bot