Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 13:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help in shortlisting universities

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Babson '16
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need help in shortlisting universities [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 19:16
Hello,

I am planning for 2014 fall intake and I need help in shortlisting universities considering my gmat score is low. Here is my profile

EDUCATION

University Of Pune 2006-2010 Bachelor of Computer Engineering Pune, India
(First Class with Distinction) GMAT : 540(44,21)

Summary
• Consistently in top 15 companies in India since four years.
• Successfully designed and implemented two Brands and acquired two small scale companies.
• Worked on high performance projects with Directors of Uninor, Suzlon and British Entrepreneurs in one week MBA Program designed for senior level executives.
• Designed and Implemented end to end processes within the organization through an internal Center of Excellence and Balance Score Card.
• Garnered 150% growth on yearly basis, and 50% profitability growth.
• Strong analytical, communications, and project management skills, ability to work in a team environment across geographies and functions including Information Technology, Sales and Marketing.

EXPERIENCE

Co- Founder of a web services company Since 2006
• Founded the company in 2006, turned profitable by 2008 and assumed the responsibility of Director, Sales in 2010.
• Sales Pipeline management for five hosting brands.
• Developed and implemented the Customer Acquisition Program which increased new customer sign-ups by 150% and attained 30% marketing cost savings
• Managed the Search Engine Optimization effort and impacted key performance metrics like advertisement yield per site, revenue per click, customer visibility, etc.
• Devising marketing plans for 12 locations and business plan for website traffic growth
• Was a key decision maker in moving the business line from services to product based selling. This strategic shift helped us increase our profitability by 30%.
• Devising enhancement/development plans for the product according to the customer feedback. Developed strong product and presently on the verge of tie up with a Multinational company.
• Resolved customer complaints resulting in savings of up to $50,000 per year

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Core member for a national event
• Judged a national level project competition
• Strategic shift in family business by setting up a new vertical for different region which increased the revenue by 40% over a year.
• Organized a workshop for all the Start-Ups on “Enhancing Productivity and Profitability in Service Industry”.
• End to End Search Engine Optimization Project Management for a MNC for seven countries all over the globe.

Please provide me with a list for both safe and ambitious universities.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Need help in shortlisting universities [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 10:19
With all due respect a low GMAT for an Indian candidate to top MBA porgrams would be in the 600’s. A 540 is so low that advising you on schools will be very difficult. Were you doing better in your practice exams? Considering University of Pune is an excellent school and you graduated First Class with Distinction, I would think your potential on the exam to be much higher. Have you scheduled a retake?

Good luck,

Michael Cohan
President
MBAPrepAdvantage
305-604-8178
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com/blog
Give KUDOS! if a post helps you
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on GMAT Club & https://twitter.com/mbaprepadv and Michael Cohan on https://plus.google.com/u/0/112394163312774253233
Like MBAPrepAdvantage on https://www.facebook.com/MBAPrepAdvantage

MBAPrepAdvantage offers a free initial assessment to gauge your MBA admissions chances and the strength of your candidacy. Email us a brief description of your goals along with your target schools, resume, GPA, and GMAT score at info@mbaprepadvantage.com.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need help in shortlisting universities [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 01:11
Hi
Your overall profile is looks decent. Your working entrepreneurial background looks impressive and you have the credentials for a good MBA program. But your GMAT score is your weakest link. 540 is very very low and will hurt your chances significantly.So do not limit yourself with below average programs just because of your low gmat score. I would recommend you to retake GMAT and try to score a 650+ score and go for some top business schools.Good luck.

www.InterviewBay.com
Mock Interviews and Application Reviews by Alumni
Re: Need help in shortlisting universities   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2013, 01:11