Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Need help seriously!!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gopals15 wrote:
I recently gave my GMAT and I was literally tossed up and down Q35/V23 IR 1 credit so overall went to mere 490 , I am still not able to convince myself whether I am competent enough to give this exam as I don't have a study plan and not able to divide time between my job and study, but i seriously want to nail it , also I believe that if I prepare only for a month in proper manner I can make it .So experts kindly help me with this as R1 for major schools are about to end .Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gopals15,

Can you help me with the answers to the following questions:

1. How long did you prepare for the GMAT?
2. Did you solve the complete OG?
3. Did you take any mock CATs?
4. Were you able to finish the test on time?
5. Did you have an error log?

Preparing for the GMAT is a long process and one should give at-least 2-3 months if you are starting from scratch.
I would recommend you not to rush with your preparation and wait for the Round 2 deadlines.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Expert Reply
Akhil300891 wrote:
Hi guys,

A bit frustrated with my GMAT prep. I've been preparing for a couple of months now. Started with Manhattan thinking I better start with the tougher stuff. After 3 demotivating tests, I switched gears and moved to GMAT prep software and OG. My GMAT prep test scores have been between 700,720,720 and 740 (Quant between 74th percentile to 84th and Verbal between 83rd to 96th). I was fairly happy until I started taking Veritas Prep tests. The Quant on VP seems to be focussing on a few areas-my weaknesses-absolute value inequalities, combinatorics and set type questions (A,B,C like apples, oranges, grapes etc.). I'm pretty okay on RC but mess up CR often. My VP scores fluctuate so far between 600 to 650. While I do acknowledge that my pacing is a bit off sometimes, which causes me to rush through questions at the end of the sections, I'm a bit confused as to where my actual level of preparation is. Can anyone help/motivate?

Many thanks,
Akhil

Hey Akhil,

Although, the resources that you have mentioned are all very good, the best indicators of your current standings are the GMAT Prep tests.
Have you taken a GMAT Prep CAT yet?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gopals15,

From your post, your overall goals and timeline are not clear. If you can answer a few questions, then we should be able to put together an effective study plan for you:

1) What is your score goal?
2) Do you have an Official Test Date yet?
3) Do you know which Schools you plan on applying to?

4) When you took this CAT, did you take the ENTIRE CAT (including the Essay and IR sections)?
5) What study materials have you been working with?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot