Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Newbie [#permalink]
colbytim wrote:
GoBruin wrote:
colbytim wrote:
Can someone point me to an outline of the proper way to "attack" the b school application process. How long to study for the GMAT, when to take the required math courses (before GMAT, during first year, or before matriculation?), recommendations for strong LORs, etc.

Sorry - i know this might be annoying, but i just decided yesterday to pursue this. Am I too late in the game for fall 2011 entry?

i havent done math (other than using excel formulas, hah) in about 6 years. am i screwed?

I think after you decide if you WANT an MBA, the first thing is the GMAT's (which you already know).

The amount of time you spend really depends on several factors, such has how many hours a week your job allows you to study, how effective you are at studying and if you're a good standardized test taker or not. From asking around you see a wide range, I would say typically most people fall between 1-5 months of studying. You might be on the longer end if you haven't opened a book in 6 years.

that helps SO much. thanks a lot. Im not dead set on fall 2011. seems that, since ill be going p/t, i can start at different points in the year...i just dont want to waste time since ive decided this is what i want.

i took the LSAT and did pretty well, but it seems pretty different. im just a pretty organized person and want to create a schedule. seems like i should take a practice test or buy some books first to get familiar with the test....any other advice would kick ass, thanks!

As for your other questions, Math courses are not required before matriculations unless the school says you lack certain math courses in college, or your GMAT Q weak. Also some schools have Quantitative workshops to transition students back into school. So that is not a big deal.

Further down would be, Can you do it for Fall 2011. The short answer is yes, but it requires a lot of work, and your results might not be great in both you gmat scores and which schools you ended up with. Although one member here that I know got into HBS who decided to go to b-school in july (or august). There are typically 2 legitimate rounds, one in fall and one in January for most schools. Fall would not seem likely if you haven't even started studying, but you can do January if you're set on going Fall 2011.

Hope this helps. There is a chat function on the top, we're usually around. you can ask questions there if you choose too (though you'll end up addicted and wasting half your day there).

looks like i typed in the wrong place. response in bold. guess i really am a newbie!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Newbie [#permalink]