Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 03:37 It is currently 11 May 2024, 03:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [2]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3675 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: No time to sleep -GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Just a headsup: there will be no GMAT appointments for June 3 and 4 in preparation for the new format starting from June 5. So June 2 is the last day for the old GMAT
Goodluck !
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
What is your target score ? Based on your practice test scores , you seem to be fine in quant . You might need to work on your verbal skills more .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I'm targeting above 700.

Today I did princeton GMAT practice test and shockingly got 610 (Q44 V31). Percentage correct in each section:
Q- 29/37 78%
V- 31/41 76%

I guess the test is not at par with GMAT standard. They have made this test with no interest at all and just for the sake of providing a free test.

Before I go to sleep, I have to do RC practice from veritas notes.

Happy GMATting to all and Good night :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'd suggest you take an official GMAT prep practice test to see exactly where you stand and based on that you can tailor your plan to focus on your weak areas

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 06-01-2012
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Kudos
clubgmatuser wrote:
It has been 3-4 months since I am preparing for GMAT but the preparation has been on and off. My life in the last few months has been so unpredictable that changed my perspective. It is the reason for the breaks in between prep. But, I don't want these breaks, I hate them.When I started my preparation, I thought of registering and taking an exam date just 3-4 days before D-Day. Till now, I would have been done with GMAT but alas I am still at the same level and figuring what to do next. As the pattern is changing on June 5, I surely want to write GMAT before that. So, I'll register by the end of first week of May.

If I get a date in first week of June, then I'm left with 5 weeks now. I think it's sufficient time to revise what I've read till now and practice on my weak points.
Material I've used: MGMAT SC, MGMAT CR and RC guides (It has been more than a month I laid my hands on them, need to go through again)
I have Veritas Notes but I've not completed them and I'm not sure how much help I can get from these notes. I won't take a risk, I'll finish all the veritas books.
OG 12 and Verbal review- I've gone through them many times. Let it be one more time.
Prep tests :
MGMAT 1- 640 (Q44, V33) CR-9/14 RC-6/12 SC- 7/15
MGMAT 2- 680 (Q48, V34) CR-8/14 RC-5/12 SC- 9/15
MGMAT 3- 650 (Q49, V31) CR-11/14 RC-3/12 SC-6/15

Lets get started.
Today's Plan: If I get free time in office, I'll do RC from gmatclub. Back home, RC book of veritas prep and go through mgmat SC.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

It's quite common to feel like you do. However, I recommend you to schedule test date soon. First, the appointments are hard to get by, due to format change. Second, getting an appointment would help you plan better, as you will have target.

HTH
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I'll give GMAT Prep 1 this Sunday.
I'm having a look at available dates constantly and getting a date won't be a problem.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
clubgmatuser wrote:
I'll give GMAT Prep 1 this Sunday.
I'm having a look at available dates constantly and getting a date won't be a problem.

will you be using the new GMAT prep software or the old one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I'm completed GMAT Prep 1 today, the old one (the question set in both new and old is same, right?)
Got 710 Q49 V37
my highest till now in practice tests. Before reviewing incorrect questions, I exited the test and when I started it again, I couldn't find the review option. Is there any way I can review my incorrect questions now. I found the log file but don't know what to do with it.

And,I want to increase my quant score by 2 more points. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
3 more weeks.
week1: revise whatever material I've gone through till now and give a practice test on weekend.
week2: I've ordered kaplan 800. I'll be concentrating on finishing this book and again a practice test on weekend.
week3: revise revise and revise,go through error log and practice a lot of questions with GMAT Prep-2 on weekend.
week4: rest for 1-2 days and then take GMAT.

Anything you guys can suggest that I can add up to get maximum out of the coming days?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1237 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kudos
clubgmatuser wrote:
It has been 3-4 months since I am preparing for GMAT but the preparation has been on and off. My life in the last few months has been so unpredictable that changed my perspective. It is the reason for the breaks in between prep. But, I don't want these breaks, I hate them.When I started my preparation, I thought of registering and taking an exam date just 3-4 days before D-Day. Till now, I would have been done with GMAT but alas I am still at the same level and figuring what to do next. As the pattern is changing on June 5, I surely want to write GMAT before that. So, I'll register by the end of first week of May.

If I get a date in first week of June, then I'm left with 5 weeks now. I think it's sufficient time to revise what I've read till now and practice on my weak points.
Material I've used: MGMAT SC, MGMAT CR and RC guides (It has been more than a month I laid my hands on them, need to go through again)
I have Veritas Notes but I've not completed them and I'm not sure how much help I can get from these notes. I won't take a risk, I'll finish all the veritas books.
OG 12 and Verbal review- I've gone through them many times. Let it be one more time.
Prep tests :
MGMAT 1- 640 (Q44, V33) CR-9/14 RC-6/12 SC- 7/15
MGMAT 2- 680 (Q48, V34) CR-8/14 RC-5/12 SC- 9/15
MGMAT 3- 650 (Q49, V31) CR-11/14 RC-3/12 SC-6/15

Lets get started.
Today's Plan: If I get free time in office, I'll do RC from gmatclub. Back home, RC book of veritas prep and go through mgmat SC.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Do not prepare continuously. Take rest for a day after studying for 5 days..This will improve your retention of concepts
GMAT Club Bot