Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 19:52 It is currently 13 May 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 05-26-2012
GPA: 3.2
WE:Supply Chain Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3675 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Not improving/Need Advice - Chart of Scores Included. [#permalink]
Kudos
With just 10 days left, focus on redoing the questions you get wrong.

First you go through a question. Check the answer. What the heck did you do wrong? How could you have answered that question correctly. Did you do a stupid mistake? Did you not see a comma or an obvious sentence structure that you should have seen? Read the explanation.

OK, move on to the next question. Do the same thing. Look at the explanation. Maybe you got it right, maybe there was a quicker, more efficient way of arriving at the correct answer. Why did you miss that more efficient way? How could you have thought about it better so you would arrive at the correct answer faster?

Keep doing this until by the end of the day you do maybe like 30 questions. Now by the time you do 30 questions, you probably forgot what the questions or answers were for question #1.

So start all over. See if you can plow through questions #1 – #30 without stopping and getting ALL of them right. After all, you SAW the answer explanations. So if you really “understood” the answer explanations, then you should have no problem going through the questions.

This is the approach you should be using when you “do” GMAT questions. Once you redo all 30 questions straight through. Now do another 30 questions. Then combine all 60 questions and see if you can run through all of them straight through without mistakes.

If you subdivide, think through groups of questions, and then REDO all those questions in different orders AS IF you were sitting for the real exam and you are aware of time pressure, I guarantee your studying will be that much more effective than what you are currently doing now.

More GMAT Study Tips
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the post GmatPill.

Ok so I just took the GMAC Prep Practice Test 2. I scored a 630 but what is more confusing is that I scored my highest on the math thus far (45)! Excuse my french but WTF!?

I have until Friday to decide if I'll reschedule... I might take a test Friday night and see how I do. Any recommendations on CATs that are MOST indicative of the final score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
gmatpill wrote:
With just 10 days left, focus on redoing the questions you get wrong.

First you go through a question. Check the answer. What the heck did you do wrong? How could you have answered that question correctly. Did you do a stupid mistake? Did you not see a comma or an obvious sentence structure that you should have seen? Read the explanation.

OK, move on to the next question. Do the same thing. Look at the explanation. Maybe you got it right, maybe there was a quicker, more efficient way of arriving at the correct answer. Why did you miss that more efficient way? How could you have thought about it better so you would arrive at the correct answer faster?

Keep doing this until by the end of the day you do maybe like 30 questions. Now by the time you do 30 questions, you probably forgot what the questions or answers were for question #1.

So start all over. See if you can plow through questions #1 – #30 without stopping and getting ALL of them right. After all, you SAW the answer explanations. So if you really “understood” the answer explanations, then you should have no problem going through the questions.

This is the approach you should be using when you “do” GMAT questions. Once you redo all 30 questions straight through. Now do another 30 questions. Then combine all 60 questions and see if you can run through all of them straight through without mistakes.

If you subdivide, think through groups of questions, and then REDO all those questions in different orders AS IF you were sitting for the real exam and you are aware of time pressure, I guarantee your studying will be that much more effective than what you are currently doing now.

I am not in a position to judge advice at this point, as I have just started studying. However, this looks like some of the best advice I have seen yet. Thank you!
GMAT Club Bot