Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:25

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 14, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Dec 5, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My Interview took place on 5th December, the panel included 2 program managers and the dean of program. It started with them introduction themselves and a brief introduction of myself. 1. What my day to day work looks like? 2. What is my post-MBA goal? 3. How I am planning to achieve that through Nanyang -MBA, your plans from the coursework? 4. Target Industry and target companies? 5. My essays, where I have mentioned alumni, how I reached them and networking? 6. How I usually do networking? 7. Do you have any questions to ask? The interview was light hearted, me and adcom were exchanging jokes to keep it light and my chat with alumni of program how good was the program research is the deal maker"
4.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 13, 23
Interviewed on:
Oct 2, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hope this debrief is helpful It was a half an hour online interview with 3 interviewers 1) Expand on my goals and why a MBA 2) If the market is down when you graduate, what is the backup plan or how will you pursue your goals 3) What steps will I take to pursue my goals on campus 4) As a young candidate what you would bring to the classroom 5) Any questions for the school Feel free to msg if you have any further questions. Good luck to everyone!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 10, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 2, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hello everyone, My interview lasted 30 mins and consisted of 3 interviewers. Each of them asked 1-2 questions, which were mostly about my profile or application questions. The questions were around: -Explaining my interest in FMCG and any previous source of knowledge/experience in that arena -My plans after MBA and how I would use my MBA for the goals I've in the future -Elaborating on my application answer on the initiative taken under ESG -How would I market the Nanyang MBA? Basically, what made it stand apart for me? Apart from this, they asked me which other schools I had applied to & whether I had any questions for them."
riasaha
2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 12, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 16, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by three admission committee members (head of programme, marketing director, and senior career consultant). The interview was a very relaxing and calm settings, whereby the interview session started with an informal conversation that lasted for 3 - 4 mins. Overall, the interview lasted for approx. 24 mins and started with the following questions: 1) Could you briefly describe what is your current job scope and responsibility? 2) What is your motivation of applying to NBS MBA despite only started working in your new company for less than 1 year? 3) Did you apply for other schools and why NBS as compared to other business schools in Asia? 4) What other job do you see yourself doing post MBA if you could not get into MBB? 5) What is your plan if you were not given a seat to be part of NBS MBA community? 6) Why do you see getting an MBA as an essential goal for yourself? 7) Since you have applied two years ago, what has changed? and what advise would you be giving to your younger self? (2 years ago)"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 25, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 5, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview panel consisted of 3 members - Admissions Director, Academic Director and Career Consultant. The interviewers introduced themselves at the start. The interview was very conversational and they made me feel very comfortable, which helped me speak/articulate more confidently. The questions were largely profile based, so the questions posed to candidates could vary from person to person. Some of the questions that I was asked: a) They began by asking me to introduce myself/talk about my profile and professional background so far. They asked why MBA now, how it would help achieve my goals, and why Nanyang? (Basically a short summary of whatever we have written in the essay) b) They mentioned that my mid to long term goal in an interesting combination and asked if I have a mentor/guide whose inputs I seek while I make these decisions about my career path c) They tested how flexible/wavering/rigid I am in my post MBA career options. They asked why not directly move to the industry in which I want to work long term instead of spending a few years in a different industry in the medium term d) Why Nanyang over other Asian MBAs (I mentioned in my answer to the first question that Nanyang would be a top pick for me because of Asian focused curriculum) e) They asked if I have any questions for them The interview was scheduled to last for 30 mins and started bang on time. It lasted for about 25 minutes."
This user wants to stay Private
3.5 years
India
Professional MBA (Part Time)
Debrief posted on  Jan 6, 22
Interviewed on:
Dec 22, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Part-time MBA I took EA, scored 151 The interview was very different compared to other candidates, they told me they like my profile so it was just a casual chat. 1. How I see the world now compared to the last decade 2. What I feel about the US-China Geopolitical Situation 3. Recent trends in the pharma/med-tech industry All the best guys!"
8.5 years
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my NTU interview for the full time MBA program. There were three interviewers and the interview was smooth and conversational. Interview duration was 30 minutes. Questions : 1. Work experience in detail? 2. Goals? (Be crisp and clear) 3. Any target companies you have in mind to join post your MBA? (Research about Singapore market) 4. Have you interacted with any NBS alums? 5. How will your current work ex help you land desired jobs after your MBA? (Important question as they are expecting you to share your networks and target companies) 6. Some other questions related to my essays 7. Do you have any questions for us (Make sure you prepare some questions) Make sure you are thorough with your goals and essays. The interviewers are friendly and the questions are direct. All the best!"
kg133
2.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my NTU interview and here's my experience. There were three interviewers, none of them introduced themselves. Questions: 1. I see that your goal is to become a Tech Consultant. Why? 2. Why not Product Management? 3. How is the Consulting industry doing since the start of pandemic? 4. Why NTU? Some in-depth questions about the courses. 5. How are your networking skills? 6. Some questions around hobbies. 7. Any questions? Most questions were straightforward. Be thorough with your Essays, profile, goals and resume."
India
Professional MBA (Part Time)
Debrief posted on  May 28, 21
Interviewed on:
May 7, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"35 mins around the following questions with a panel of 3 (it was like a business chat) - 3 - 5 year goal / plan Work experience which led to decision for MBA Current role/industry happenings"
This user wants to stay Private
7 years
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 14, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
May 13, 20
"..."
5.6 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 19
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Dec 22, 18
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hello all, This is Gayathri. I attended NTU MBA interview on Dec 22nd on campus. My interview lasted for just 20 min with questions on background, motivation, why NTU, short term and long term goals, latest developments in your field in Asia, why not part time MBA (as am a local here). Keeping my fingers crossed."
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 31, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Dec 4, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi, I received my admission offer about 2 weeks ago, and after little over a week from my interview. While I applied from Canada, since I travel to Asia quite a bit, I decided to take the interview in person in Singapore. The interview process was very relaxed, I developed a really good relationship with the admissions recruiter so the whole experience was very welcoming. I was interviewed by 1 adcom individual and 1 career services. The questions were pretty routine, why are you interested in an MBA, why now and why Nanyang. As per previous debriefs, they pose the tough question of career prospects and the work you have to put in to get work in Singapore. As long as you are confident and have done your homework, this should be a very straight forward process. I know it sounds very cliche, but one of the most important things during these interviews is to be relaxed and self confident. Having been in a front office brokerage role for 8 years has made me very relaxed when talking to new people, but everyone has to do their homework and be articulate in their future plans. Hope this helps everyone going into interviews in the near future! Thanks, Shubrat"
7.5 years
Canada
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 23, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 1, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi, Just received my NTU admit 2 weeks back and honestly I am too happy for words. :) The first part of the interview went along expected lines - the usual why MBA, why MBA now questions. I was interviewed in Mumbai, India. There were 2 gentlemen from NTU physically and the associate Dean on Skype. They do go through the applications in detail, so please make sure you can defend your essays well. Mine was in no way a blind interview. The second part of the interview was based on specifics. Why Singapore- again, they expect you to shown an interest in Asian markets , try to align your short term and long term goals in context of Asia. Why NTU and have you applied to NUS, NTU is particularly interested in this question and how you chose to frame your answers depends entirely on you. They do ask questions about your industry. For example, they asked me about key developments in my industry in the last 6 months . Be prepared for questions such as - key industry developments in SE Asia/ Asia related to your industry. A particularly uneasy question to handle - what happens if you do not get a job 1 in Singapore 2. don't get a job at all . Now here are some facts: The Nanyang employment report states that 98 % of the students get placed within 3 months. NTU intake is about 100 , so what happens if (god forbid) you are one of the 2 graduates who do not get a job (this was the precise question asked to me :) ). Here, they are probably expecting to answer that you have the necessary industry networks from your previous experience to land you a job, coupled with the NTU brand name , this should be achievable in the short. Regarding 1 - 40% of the grads get placed in Singapore, but we have to remember roughly 10%-15% of the batch is native to Singapore and they are very likely to work in Singapore. Therefore, 85- 90 students are vying for 25-30 spots. Competition is intense and they are particularly interested to see that you often have to prove a point about your employability ( This was particularly hard for me as my work ex is on the lower side) :) Also be prepared to answer questions related to socio- economic issues in Asia. I was asked to compare India and China in terms on the economy and ease of doing business. This was extremely difficult for me since I have no background in economics. Somehow stuttered through. Over all it was an amazing experience- the admit of course being the icing on the cake! Hope this helps! all the best! Thanks,"
2.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 17, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was centered around my work experience and company I work for. Be ready with questions on goal, singapore, plan b and some of the generic ones such as tell me about yourself, why mba etc."
siddharthehta91
Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 13, 18
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview was all about my work experience in my current organization, my future goals. They also asked me why I applied at Nanyang and how will it help me get to where I want to. But most of it was on my current work experience. For details on my profile, you can see Maitrayee Pathak on LinkedIn. Hope this helped you. All the best guys for your interviews and hope to see you in Singapore"
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 4, 18
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"All the best to everybody with an interview invite! My 2 cents for the interview preparation - a) Be thorough with why MBA and why an MBA at this time specifically. Especially if you're a younger candidate with ~3 years of WE, make sure your response is articulated properly, tying back to your goals. b) Goals - short and long c) Relevant industry knowledge (I'm in e-commerce and I was asked quite a few questions on how the e-comm industry is doing in the Asian markets, my company's plans/performance in the asian markets, competitors, etc. d) Why should you be selected and how would you add value to the batch (your value proposition) e) Employment plans and back-up plan Interviews generally last for 30 min (+/-5 min). Make sure you're able to effectively communicate your clarity of thought. Finally, smile and try to have a great time :)"
India
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 9, 18
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"MBA interview preparation is similar to doing a work out - Core and supplementary. Core Questions in any interview (80% of the questions) 1. Your career progress (tell me about yourself) 2. Why MBA? 3. Why now? 4. Why NTU? 5. Why not NUS? 6. Why Singapore? 7. Goals - Short and long 8. Hobbies? 9. What can you bring to the class? 10. Strengths and weaknesses ... Supplemental questions can be any behavioral related questions 1. How do you work in teams? 2. Have you ever faced a situation in which team was going nowhere and what you did to streamline? 3. Conflict resolution scenarios 4. Leadership scenarios you have faced ..... These are few example questions. I think this set applies to any business school and more often than not majority of the questions revolve around this. Good Luck and please do share your experience so that thread members can prepare in accordance with it."
BalajiKarthick1990
India
Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 25, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hello All, I was invited for the coffee chat on 26th November in Mumbai but was unable to attend because I was not in India. They arranged for an interview over Skype on 28th November with professor Nilanjan Sen and Sasha Chernyshenko. The interview was more of a conversation related to my work experience and my reason for taking up the different roles in my CV. We also touched the topic of why MBA ? Why Nanyang? and Why Asia? At the end of the interview they said that I can expect an update on their decision by 15th December. Also regarding the status being application under process, do not worry because even after the interview my status is still application under process. My advice will be to attend information sessions and make the school aware of your interest."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 22, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was more of a casual chat. I feel what they are looking for is if you have thought through doing an MBA and that too why the Nanyang MBA. The questions were typical interview questions and included some about my current role 1) Why do an mba? 2) Why not a part time MBA? 3) Why not NUS? 4) And why MBA in particular and not any other masters or specialization course. Just an advise, have at least 2(min)-3 questions ready for them because they kept asking me if I had any questions for them. Hope this helps. All the best to the other applicants"
Singapore