Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:47 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:47

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 2, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 24, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I received my interview invite on 16 Nov week and had the interview on 24 Nov. It lasted about 20 minutes as scheduled. The interviewers were friendly and the interview was conversational. Posting my interview debrief below: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why NUS MBA? 3. What are some aspects of the program you are looking forward to? 4. How will you prepare yourself for the competitive consulting roles, or what is your plan B? 5. How many cases are you willing to prepare, for consulting? 6. Why not explore joining back the Big4 as they too have a consulting wing, why MBB? (I currently work in the tax team of a Big4) 7. Briefly describe your current role and the kind of team you a built (I'd mentioned earlier and in my application that I'm a manager handling a team of 5-6 people) 8. Have you applied elsewhere?"
5.6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 23, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 20, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi I got interviewed recently. There was an adcom rep and an alumni. The following questions were discussed: 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. The biggest challenge you faced as a leader. (I have decent leadership experience in 2 of the last companies I worked for). 3. What are the biggest challenges in my industry. 4. Why NUS now and what do I bring to the school. 5. We also had general discussions on consumption trends in my industry. 6. What is the challenge I expect to face if I am part of the NUS MBA cohort as a student/candidate. This came from the fact that I have more experience and will be coming back to school after more than a decade. 7. Which companies I admire the most in my industry. The tonality was quite conversational and both the interviewers were very polite and friendly. They asked if I had questions for them and I asked about what precise value diverse profiles bring to the cohort (non-engineer/banker/tech, etc.). The interview lasted around 25 mins."
11.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 17, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 6, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I remember being interview by the head of the experiential learning and the adcom people. It's like a conversation - Tell me about yourself - Why NUS MBA? - What do you want to learn from NUS? (I said leadership) - Tell me about the leader in your own company you admire (I mention my boss and Covid-19) - Oh, you shared about Covid-19. Tell me how you have helped your company overcome obstacles during such time After that, the second interviewer started asking me what I want to achieve from the NUS MBA with digital transformation, as I have achieved a lot. I said I want to learn how to sell technology solutions. I want to note that this is just a brief summary of the interview. The interviewers were very nice and it was actually this experience that made me choose NUS"
4.8 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 2, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 1, 22
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"My interview took place via Teams with the executive director and an alum of class 2021. The interview lasted for approximately 40 mins. Some of the questions asked were: 1) Why MBA and why NUS? 2) Tell me about your background and how will an MBA help you with your ST goals? 3) Tell me about your role model who is not from your country and your domain. Why do you consider him/ her to be your role model? 4) As I am from the automotive industry, the interviewers wanted to know about different auto industries in Asia and their economies. 5) How would you describe the impact of Russia-Ukraine war on the auto industry (especially India)? 6) What cultural difference and similarities you felt working in a multi cultural work environment? Was there any particular cultural shock for you? 7) Tell me one particular reason why we should not admit you? At the end, the interviewers asked me if I had any questions for them. I asked them more about NUS and how NUS MBA helped the alum in his career. Overall I had a pleasant interaction with both of the interviewers. As for now, I am keeping my fingers crossed. To the rest of you, all the very best for your interviews!"
4.6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 12, 22
Interviewed on:
Apr 12, 22
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"It is an evening interview session with two interviewers: the head of marketing & admission & alumni of NUS MBA class of 21. The interview lasted for 30 mins and started the following questions: 1) Tell me about yourself and your career background, and why MBA? 2) Why consulting? 3) Elaborate more on positive impacts of integrating technology into conventional businesses that you have experienced. 4) How do you see Elon Musk as a leader? Describe both his strength and his weakness. 5) How do you describe yourself as a leader and what is your weakness? 6) Explain why are you showing interest about joining the Sandbox Club of NUS MBA? 7) If you were to given a chance to speak at the Sandbox Club, what topic would you speak and can you please give me an example? 8) Since you are working in Singapore, why don't you consider a Part-Time programme?"
Debrief posted on  Apr 11, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why MBA? Why now? Why NUS? 3. Explain Green Financing with pros and cons. 4. Strengths & Weakness. 5. Leader / business person you would take out for coffee and what will you talk? Shouldn't be an Indian or Singaporean person. 6. Company you admire and why? (Again Non-Indian, Non Singaporean and Non-American company)"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 19, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 18, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"The interview was with an alum and a lady from the adcom. Questions 1. The 60-second elevator pitch 2. Why NUS? 3. One weakness? 4. Why did I do social work? 5. If you had one superpower, what would it be? 6. One Asian company that you admire? (not of Indian origin) 7. If you had a Zoom call line for an hour with any leader (not of Indian origin), who would you choose and what would you discuss with them? 8. Follow up to Q7 - mention the first company that the above person founded? and other follow-up questions on his recent activities) 9. How will you contribute to NUS? 10. One reason why we should not take you? This lasted for approximately 20 minutes, followed by 7-8 minutes of questions and normal conversation. Overall, they were very conversational and friendly."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 11, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 30, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed by an alum and AdCom member. 1. Let's start with a 60-second elevator pitch. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why NUS? 4. Name top 3 companies you want to work for and 3 cities in Asia you want to work in. 5. Why not double-degree program specifically NUS-Peking one (since I mentioned Beijing in previous answer, this was a follow-up) 6. Talk about 2 recent news updates - one from Asia and one global (since I'm a journalist, this was relevant to my profile) 7. What is your weakness? 8. One leader you would like to invite to NUS to speak. 9. How would you handle a situation where a team member is not pulling his weight? 10. One reason we should reject you. 11. Anything you would do differently (professionally) if you could go back in time 12. One Asian company you admire which is not from your industry These may seem like a lot of questions but the interview lasted about 25 mins only. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and the interviewers were friendly and conversational."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Aug 25, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 18, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hello Everyone, I really appreciate others putting their interview experiences together. I had my interview with an admission committee member and one from career service. They asked me the following questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. ST Goals 3. Why NUS? 4. How you plan to network (I am making a career transition from consulting to sustainability) 5. What if your plan fails? 6. How will NUS provide the support? They asked me questions for 20 minutes. Then, I asked them the following questions: 1. Can I take courses from other schools? 2. I also asked a question about Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM) Good luck to everyone!"
4.2 years
India
Debrief posted on  May 27, 21
Interviewed on:
May 28, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed via Zoom by 2 interviewers, one from the marketing team & one from the admissions team. 1) Introduction & background, how will i be a good fit? 2) Why NUS MBA? 3) What is my role in my current job? 4) Tell me more about your interests/hobbies listed in CV? 5) Talk about one trend in the world that is changing The interview ended before time so when they asked if i have any further questions, i told them that it ended quickly and had anticipated more. They went further to give me time to talk about Q4 & 5. Overall it was more of a casual chat and it got me really worried if they are disinterested in my profile."
10 years
Singapore
Debrief posted on  Apr 8, 21
Interviewed on:
Mar 25, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Questions: 1. Quick introduction & why NUS MBA, why now 2. Interests outside of work (this scared me as I don't have much social work exp to talk about, but I turned it into a question about my hobby :D) 3. What is 'leadership' to you? 4. What kind of leader are you/do you want to become? 5. Who is a business leader you look up to, and why? (I took an example at my company - as they said it's not necessarily a 'famous' leader) 6. What was the last book that I read, and why does it resonate to me (I chose 'The art of happiness' - I don't think they will judge me if I don't choose a 'business' book). 7. Any questions for them (I just asked about why my list of uploaded documents still had some crosses, but the lady from Adcom said doc status was updated manually, and it didn't affect my application) Finally, they said they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks (which they did exactly 2 weeks after my interview). Interviewers: 1 from AdCom and 1 from Career Sevs. Overall, I found this a good experience."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 5, 21
Interviewed on:
Apr 6, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was with an AdCom member and a Careers Centre staff. The AdCom member asked mostly about myself and my plans during the programme. The questions were more or less these: - Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for the programme. - How are you going to take part in various clubs and activities? - What drives you in life? - What is your greatest achievement to date? - How have you used technology to your benefit in your current or previous job roles? - What are the skills you are most hoping to get from the programme? - What do you think could be your greatest challenge during the programme? (answer: some heavily quantitative modules) - follow-up question: Are you willing to brush up on your quantitative skills before the programme? How? The Careers Centre member asked for my career plans and pushed me to be as specific as possible: - Can you tell me 3 important current trends in education technology? (as that's my target sector) - What is going to be your route to get your desired position post-MBA? - If you want to do business development at a Company X, what exactly does that mean to you? What do you think you will be doing in that role? - Which technologies do you think will impact education in the near future, and how? - You started your own company in the past. Why did you leave it eventually? In general, be ready for the interviewers knowing your application in-and-out, and to be asked for specific details."
Thailand
Debrief posted on  Mar 22, 21
Interviewed on:
Mar 11, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was with 1 Adcom member and 1 Campus faculty. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why MBA now? 4. How will you achieve the Product Manager role? (Since I had said that's my short term goal) 5. If you're asked to give a Ted talk in Sandbox, what will be your chosen topic (Spoke on this for 3-4 mins, mine was Competing in the Age of AI) Interview was super chill, and went like a casual conversation. They just need to know if you're confident on your choices and the decision for doing MBA."
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 22, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 23, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had an interview with a member of NUS's external communications team and an alumnus (former Student Council president). It was a 30-minute interview, packed with many questions. These are the ones I remember: 1. Give us a 60-second elevator pitch. 2. Tell us three organizations you want to work for after your MBA and why. 3. If you had a Zoom call line for an hour with any leader, who would you choose and what would you discuss with them? 4. Tell us the names of a couple of leaders you look up to who are not from your country. 5. I had provided the reference of one of their current students in my application. So, they asked the following questions on that - 5.1. How did you approach the student and what networking strategy did you use? 5.2. If there was only one seat available for the FT MBA program and we had to choose between the current student and you, who would you choose and why? 5.3. What will the current student say about you if I were to call them right now? 6. What are your two weaknesses and one strength? 7. How did you spend your time during the lockdown? 8. I have a master's degree from another country, so they asked me why I chose that particular college? 9. I also spent three years working in the other country. On that they asked me one contribution I made to the country and one challenge I faced there. 9. They saw I had some experience with Cloud on my CV, so they asked me a bit about that. 10. What is the most important leadership skill in your opinion and why? 11. In your essays and CV, what's the weakest line/section and why? 12. Give us one reason why we should NOT take you into the program."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 11, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 9, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"It was with an Adcom member and someone from career services. Duration ~ 30 minutes. 1. What are your unique strengths (this was asked 3/4 times in different ways - If I were to ask your boss, what unique he will say about you?, how do you standout? and bit of cross questioning around these things to get sharp examples) 2. If at the end of your MBA, I ask your classmates how did she make an impact, what will they say? 3. How will you plan your MBA financially? 4. Why MBA 5. I name dropped couple of students and alumni so they asked me about it what did you research about us, what they tell you etc. Hope this helps"
This user wants to stay Private
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 11, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 18, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by the Ad-com member and a member from the careers team. It was a straight forward and a friendly interview and they were primarily trying to understand a bit more about how will I achieve my post MBA goal and what all have I researched about it. They had read my essays and my resume thoroughly before the interview. 1. Give a background of your profile. 2. Why MBA and why MBA now? 3. Why NUS and what are your post MBA goals? 4. What all do you plan to do at NUS to achieve your post MBA goals? 5. Where else have you applied and what was the rationale of applying to the other schools that I mentioned? 6. I had mentioned investment banking as my short term goal post MBA. The member from careers told me its very competitive to get a full-time offer in Singapore. So what will be my plan incase IB in Singapore doesn't work out. 7. I had explained in my optional essay about a break in my career 3 years ago. They asked the reason for the break and what did I do during that time. What did I learn from the things that I did during the break? 8. I had mentioned an instance of leadership in my resume. They asked me a bit more about the situation and how I handled it 9. They asked me if I was able to get all the information I needed from their website? (Probably they were just taking a feedback) 10. Lastly they asked if I had any questions for them. Overall it felt like a conversation. They told they me that will get back to me between mid-end of February."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 22, 20
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Dec 22, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Straightforward interview Interviewers - Adcom member + Alum from corp strategy Professional work ex overview Why MBA? Why NUS? What do you hope to gain in leadership exp? What are your post-mba goals? Talk about where you wanna work after NUS? example of a company whose strategy you like (coz my goal was corp strategy) Overall a chill interview. Felt largely like a conversation between two people"
6.3 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 17, 20
Interviewed on:
Dec 14, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I was interviewed by the NUS admissions director and an NUS Professor. Below were the questions I was asked. 1. Give a brief introduction about yourself and in the answer also continue to include why you want to do an MBA in NUS. 2. Can you explain to us what is your role in your organization. (I was a little technical in my explanation, so they asked me to explain it in simpler terms after that) 3. Why MBA? What are your post-MBA goals 4. Did you experience any kind of cultural shock when you started working in Japan(I worked for 2 years in Tokyo). What were some of the things you liked in the work culture?. (It turned out the professor who interviewed me lived in Tokyo for 20 years.) We went on to have a 2 min casual conversation on life in Tokyo. 5. Then they came back to my work asking how technical is my work. Do you code? Then they asked me post-MBA do you still wish to be involved in coding? 6. They asked me about some of my extracurricular I mentioned in the additional essay. 2-3 questions along that. 7. What would you be at say 45? 8. (I had mentioned in the goals essay I wish to work in FinTech). They asked me some current trends. The difference in the industry in Singapore vs India. Some of the companies I want to work in Singapore. 9. Why Singapore? 10. What are some of the clubs you want to take part in. 11. A lot of folks in NUS are quite talented. What would make you unique among them? 12. What other schools are you applying to? 13. Any questions for us? Overall the interview was a great 30 min conversation. They were really polite in their tone and did not try to put me under stress. There was some exchange of humour in between too."
4.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 7, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Dec 7, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was with 2 adcom members. It was a casual explanatory conversation where they introduced themselves. 1. Asked to share my professional journey and then why I want to do an MBA 2. Asked about my post-MBA goal. 3. Asked about why was I a good candidate for my post MBA goal 4. Was asked about other achievements during my Masters 5. Was asked why would I be a good fit for my class 6. Was asked how would my friends/peers describe me, and then how would I like to describe myself. 7. Was asked about my interests 8. Was asked what would I do if I am not selected 9. Was asked why did I choose NUS"
4.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 8, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 7, 20
"1. Why MBA 2. Why now 3. Why NUS 4. Importance of Teamwork 5. How will my chosen Post MBA professional field be impacted by COVID 6. Questions related to current background 2 interviewers"