Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: OK. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
k12345 wrote:
I thank you for ur up front reply. a good and clear reply is wht makes our decision making easier. However I would here just for my kowledge and for the benefit of others would like to ask u.

1) if schools such as Olin(ranked 23rd Business week) and Vanderbilt(Ranked 30th Business week) are dead even in their programs and reputation than why do we they have a difference in the ranking ?

(in an earlier post u have advised me tht u look at both usnews ranking and business week ranking and take them seriously) however usnews ranks olin 26th and vanderbilt 49th. well i need u to understand tht as a student i am trying to understand the diff if any in the programs and the reasons for such diff in ranking.

2) i would like to know whethe St.louis is home to multinational finance firms such as GS,UBS etc. is st.louis the most vibrant city in terms of jobs and economic activities in the state of Missouri.

3) if both these programs are similar than i shall try comparing them interms of the city and the slight prestige (if any) one may have.]

4) also does Olin enjoy the same prestige as yale and purdue , because they enjoy the same ranking(says business week).

i request u to kindly help me answer these questions as i would have to make the most imp decision of my academic career in the next couple of days.

k12345,

Their differences in the various rankings can be explained by the different methodologies that each ranking uses. You can go to organizations that rank schools to find out what those methodologies are. Often, however, differences in rank depend on intangibles like brand or reputation. Washington U. as a whole is, generally speaking, a more academically reputable school than Vanderbilt and that perception may spill over into the MBA rankings as well.

As for which firms are based in St. Louis that info can be readily found at St. Louis-related websites such as the local chamber of commerce and Olin's web site. Its only competitor in the state of Missouri is Kansas City, a major economic hub.

No, Olin does not enjoy the same prestige as Yale SOM because that business school benefits from the considerable brand power of Yale U. I don't think the differences in "prestige" between Olin and Purdue amount to very much. Recruiters think highly of graduates from both schools.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: OK. [#permalink]