Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
What I think is relevant from my profile is:

- My WE is interesting (geographically and in function, as I had the chance to open up an office for my company in a foreign country and I have been promoted to a managing position way before average).
- My GMAT is OK for the schools (close to their average).
- I had interesting and well described leadership stories going back to when I was 20 years old and started an out of town office branch for the family business.
- I have been evaluated in the top10% by my employer for the last 4 years in a row.
- I have solid extras, from playing music to raise funds to helping someone set up his micro business through giving lectures at a couple of different universities and adventure biking in Africa.
- My GPA was not that great, although I did work part time through parts of undergrad (teacher assistance, family business, internships, etc.).
- My Why MBA / why school part of the apps. was well researched and made sense.

I don't buy too much into the whole 770/4.0/6 yrs WE/solid extras profiles. I don't think they provide any clue to admit chances (unless we are considering "GMATwhore schools" for which the 770 alone can mean an almost automatic admit).

Hope it helps. L.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
impressive profile, congrats again (just increasing my depression but nevermind :lol:)
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lorenzino wrote:
impressive profile, congrats again (just increasing my depression but nevermind :lol:)

Don't. I'm sure you have an interesting bag of experiences as well. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management, Strategy & Finance
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium... interesting profile indeed and congrats on your superb admits ! could you share us your knowledge on the options one has in the operations field after completing an MBA ? how much does it vary based on the the background of the person (i.e non operations bkgnd like engineering, finance etc) ? what are the typical roles that people can take up in operations after an MBA ?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]