Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 01:57
Has anyone created a facebook page for the admits already?

BTW, I too received the admit mail yesterday.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2011, 23:54
Congratulations to all the admits to SBS - "Oxford" - 1 brand that the World knows!!

Is anybody going for the Prodigy finance loans since scholarships have been difficult to get so far? Is there anyone at all who has received a scholarship as I have seen admits with some 700+ gmats not receiving scholarships?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 04:41
I wonder if they will announce the Clarendon award later on. Not even sure how that works because it looks like a lot of colleges award their own scholarships based on whether you have gotten the Clarendon.

Though initial research looks like mostly M Phil students get Clarendon, not many MBAs (if at all).

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 04:34
Anyone impressed by the outreach so far? I met up with an alum in my area last night to chat about the program. I have also received a really nice email from a current student offering to answer my questions by email or skype. I was really pleasantly surprised to be contacted by both.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 00:53
Hi enkie,

Yes. I too received call from ambassador and soon going to meet him on lunch to discuss about the program.
Also got mail from current student, though she is pretty busy with exams this week, but will soon reply to all my questions/concerns next week.
I am definitely impressed by this approach. It gives us chance to know more and get access to current students/ alumni.
Have you made any decision yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 04:05
smartm0ve wrote:
Hi enkie,

Yes. I too received call from ambassador and soon going to meet him on lunch to discuss about the program.
Also got mail from current student, though she is pretty busy with exams this week, but will soon reply to all my questions/concerns next week.
I am definitely impressed by this approach. It gives us chance to know more and get access to current students/ alumni.
Have you made any decision yet?

I haven't made a decision yet. Am considering my WL situation with 2 other schools. WIll probably talk it over with a few friends and figure out next steps. I think Oxford is an excellent school and has tremendous resources for entrepreneurs so at this pt, it might be my stubbornness holding me back to see what happens with other schools.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 13:41
Is anyone going to the Admit Weekend? I reserved my tickets. Would love to know who from Gmatclub I will be meeting! :)

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 19:55
Hi ...I have a quick question - Is there any disadvantage to apply in the third round of application for an international applicant? And is the chance for scholarship nil in the third round.Please clarify .

Thanks,
GC24

Please click Kudos ,if my post helped you ;)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 20:46
I might be wrong on this but I thought I read somewhere that the scholarship is available to R1 and R2 applicants only -- you should really check the Website to verify it officially. My personal take is that third round is much more competitive because there are so few seats left -- also, not sure how long student visas take but that might be a little tricky to cut close.

Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 17:47
@enkie, I would love to attend admit weekend but I am currently based in Tokyo, so not possible to visit.
Please do share your experience , would love to hear.
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 17:49
enkie wrote:
I might be wrong on this but I thought I read somewhere that the scholarship is available to R1 and R2 applicants only -- you should really check the Website to verify it officially. My personal take is that third round is much more competitive because there are so few seats left -- also, not sure how long student visas take but that might be a little tricky to cut close.

Do you know, if anyone from gmatclub got scholarship ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 17:54
Will definitely report back! I am flying in from USA so probably a lot shorter flight than from Tokyo.

Didn't see anyone report getting a scholarship but it may be that whoever did receive it did not feel comfortable disclosing that information in a public forum (I don't blame them).

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 14:35
How do you guys who are still waiting to hear back from other schools feel about the deposit thats due on Jan.20,2012? Its close to $8,800...

God its not a small check...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 19:29
Bschoolpanda wrote:
How do you guys who are still waiting to hear back from other schools feel about the deposit thats due on Jan.20,2012? Its close to $8,800...

Congrats to all admits. I am applying for R2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 01:04
Bschoolpanda wrote:

Did you get my PM? It shows that it is still in my outbox after 2 days so I wasnt sure if it actually sent.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 09:09
I am declining the Oxford offer. Best of luck to the folks applying and congratulations once again to all those accepted in R1!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford '14 (A)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2011, 01:53
A merry Christmas to all!!

Well, I have accepted the offer from Oxford and would be joining in fall of 2012.

BTW has anyone deposited the initial 15%??
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2011, 22:45
LSEguy wrote:
I am declining the Oxford offer. Best of luck to the folks applying and congratulations once again to all those accepted in R1!

Hey LBSguy, great job, I see that you have been accepted into several other schools. Have you made your choice as to which you will accept? (if you are comfortable sharing)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 00:38
Gmanster wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

Hey LBSguy, great job, I see that you have been accepted into several other schools. Have you made your choice as to which you will accept? (if you are comfortable sharing)

Thanks! I am still undecided! :P INSEAD is winning the race at the moment though! Will update once I take a final call.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 03:08
LSEguy wrote:
Gmanster wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

Thanks! I am still undecided! :P INSEAD is winning the race at the moment though! Will update once I take a final call.

LOL, i guess you aren't in the January batch! Good luck with your applications! INSEAD is a very nice choice.
Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2011, 03:08