Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:40 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1074 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:MIT / INSEAD / IIM - ABC
 Q48  V32
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
planettelex wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
citron wrote:
Ding but gotthe reapply email :(

What does it mean? did anyone else find success after getting one?

I am in the same boat as you. When they suggest to reapply, is it to suggest to apply next year, or may be after a couple of years. Any suggestions?

If you’re likely to have made good progress in some area of your life within a year, then I don’t see why you can’t apply in one year. For example, you may land a promotion, complete some extra-curricular project, gain some new international experience, etc.

However if your application would be broadly the same as before, then perhaps better to leave it for two years. Otherwise, you’ll find it difficult to justify the decision to re-apply. Of course, in two years, circumstances may change and you may no longer be interested in studying at all!

For someone keen to start asap, a compromise may be to re-apply in one year’s time to 1-2 schools, while also sending fresh applications to 1-2 new schools.

thanks for the advise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
good luck to everyone on their interviews, they are long but very laid back! Hope to see you all in May at the admit weekend!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I have done most well on most of my interviews so far, but feel that my essays could be read the wrong way by an alumni interviewer. I am a little nervous for my alumni interview, but we will see.

Do we have any R1 admits who are willing to share their interview questions? I have heard that LBS has a presentation or something at their interview, any insights?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone

I hope you can give me a bit of insight into my chances for admission here. I know this is a difficult question to answer without full profile/essays/knowing me a bit more, but maybe if there are others with similar profiles to mine who can share their admission experience that would be helpful too.

I'm F/24/Brit living abroad/730/just under 3 years WE in fin services.

I feel I might be on the younger side with less than desirable work experience, but does anyone here believe it's worth a try?

thanks for your help!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received the details of their interviewers yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
still awaiting mate. based in Sg.

so tied up with work and no time to prepare so far, gonna best utilize the coming weekend!

btw, talked to admission office, most interviews will be done by 1st week March. so we should have interviewer details sometime next week.

best of luck to all.

God bless me :)

bjornamdi wrote:
Has anyone received the details of their interviewers yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Do you guys think visiting school is very important at LBS? Have most of the R1 admits visited school?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:LBS
Send PM
happyface wrote:
Do you guys think visiting school is very important at LBS? Have most of the R1 admits visited school?

It’s important to show that LBS is your first choice and visiting the school is a good way to demonstrate that you’re serious. The importance placed on a visit will differ by interviewer, but all will recognise that a trip takes cash and time that not everyone has. So it’s not something to stress about. If you haven’t visited, then have a good excuse ready (easier to do if you're outside Europe). And then show your commitment in other ways, e.g. mention alumni you’ve spoken to, demonstrate knowledge of specific campus events run by specific clubs, mention that you’re aware of LBS alumni working at companies you’re interested in (easy to see on LinkedIn), mention specific electives, etc.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello guys,

Does LBS provide any official list of presentation topics for the interview? I know clearadmit wiki has some of the topics but was wondering if there is a separate list from LBS...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
cowper wrote:
Hello guys,

Does LBS provide any official list of presentation topics for the interview? I know clearadmit wiki has some of the topics but was wondering if there is a separate list from LBS...

Ah!! I didn't even know that there is a presentation element in the Interview until I saw this question from you. :oops:

A follow-up question, is the topic given at the time of interview impromptu or do we get it a few days before the interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
From what I know/have heard of its impromptu!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Got the interview instruction email. The presentation topic will be given during the interview.
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.34
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

A while back I was going through London Business School's website and I noticed that details on HSBC Loan program, which used to be there are not there anymore. Out of concern I emailed them around 11 days back inquiring about the arrangement and today (yes after 11 days!!!) I got this reply:

Dear Dalai Lama,

Unfortunately, the HSBC Loan Scheme is currently unavailable due to technical issues. Please refer to the ‘financing your course’ section of our website in order to find more information regarding alternative sources of funding:

https://www.london.edu/programmes/financingyourcour...

Kind regards,

Then I went through the 'alternative sources' mentioned on the website and I concluded it would only work for you if:

a) You are company sponsored
b) You are a US, UK or an EU student
c) You have got a stash of cash

Since I don't fall into any of the above I am actually concerned about the issue (not that I have got an admission offer but still) and anyone who was planning on making use of the HSBC arrangement should be as well I guess. Would love to have your thoughts on it especially any round 1 admits....

Also, what exactly does "currently unavailable due to technical issues" mean or imply? Me is lost....YELP!!
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (I)
Send PM
This is terrible luck! I was going to depend on the HSBC loan absolutely if admitted - getting a student loan in my country is bureaucratic and expensive. Also I would not get a loan amount adequate to cover LBS tuition.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Sharing to cool my nerves. I sent an email to the interviewes yesterday morning and no response till 4.13 pm today. Should I send him a reminder?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
espee wrote:
Sharing to cool my nerves. I sent an email to the interviewes yesterday morning and no response till 4.13 pm today. Should I send him a reminder?

I would give another day - I am in the same boat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I'm in the same boat for HSBC - without it I simply will not be able to cover tuition fees. LBS said that it is a top priority for them and they are working closely with HSBC to resolve the issues ASAP. I truly hope that they will be able to do it otherwise lots of students will simply be not able to pay for their education and LBS will lose a big chunk of their prospective student body and hence revenues...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts