Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all applicants to Cass and LSE MSc !! [#permalink]
mastersinfinance wrote:
Are you from India.. Have you accepted the offer.. If possible can you give me your email id.. Even I have an offer ..

Ι've messaged you ;)
Anyone else accepted an offer from Cass or LSE???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Hi. Ive got an offer from Cass for MS Finance . Am about to accept it. Anyone has any info on CAss placements for MS Finance please share. I want an I banking role definitely not consulting. Got rejected at Warwick, Cambridge and LSE...
Am thinking of applying to Imperial , but am really unsure about the course as it has so much mathematics content , an entire paper on maths in finance! FREAKYYYYYY !!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rose2012 wrote:
Hi. Ive got an offer from Cass for MS Finance . Am about to accept it. Anyone has any info on CAss placements for MS Finance please share. I want an I banking role definitely not consulting. Got rejected at Warwick, Cambridge and LSE...
Am thinking of applying to Imperial , but am really unsure about the course as it has so much mathematics content , an entire paper on maths in finance! FREAKYYYYYY !!!

Hello there and congratulations on your offer.
According to their website for the class of 2010 in Msc Finance:

Employed only 63.6%
Work and further study 15.2%
Further study only 6.1%
Not available for employment 3.0%
Other 0.0
Assumed to be unemployed 12.1%

and the job titles were: Web Developer, Trader, Trainee Desk Assistant, Client Services Associate in Prime Brokering, Trainee in Finance and Accounting, Analyst X 4, Analyst in Equity Derivatives Sales Trading, Assistant in Corporate Banking, Debt and Derivatives Analyst, Trainee Accountant, International Operational Graduate, Junior Analyst, Credit Analyst, Graduate Intern, Actuarial Assistant, Consultant, Investment Fund Analyst, Brand Evolution analyst, Investment Associate, Help Desk, Financial Associate, Futures and Derivatives Trader, Financial Analyst, Mergers and Aquisitions Intern

Sorry for the long post but thats what i have found :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for that, donno how someone got placed as a web developer after MS Finance though :shock: .

This is 2011 data,
Our Graduate Destination Survey of last year's MSc in Finance cohort shows that 82% of graduates are now either in work (77%) or not job seeking as they are in further study, military service etc. (5%)*
Some examples of where graduates from the 2009/10 MSc in Finance are working are:
Barclays Capital - Credit Derivatives - High Grade Credit Trader
Philips Electronics - Strategic Finance Holding - Trainee for Finance & Accounting
UBS - M&A - Analyst
Towers Watson - Investment Consulting, Strategy - Investment Analyst
Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Investment Banking - Analyst
*Based on 2011 survey respondents
Will update any career info that I get, If anyone has done research on cass please share.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rose2012 wrote:
Thanks for that, donno how someone got placed as a web developer after MS Finance though :shock: .

This is 2011 data,
Our Graduate Destination Survey of last year's MSc in Finance cohort shows that 82% of graduates are now either in work (77%) or not job seeking as they are in further study, military service etc. (5%)*
Some examples of where graduates from the 2009/10 MSc in Finance are working are:
Barclays Capital - Credit Derivatives - High Grade Credit Trader
Philips Electronics - Strategic Finance Holding - Trainee for Finance & Accounting
UBS - M&A - Analyst
Towers Watson - Investment Consulting, Strategy - Investment Analyst
Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Investment Banking - Analyst
*Based on 2011 survey respondents
Will update any career info that I get, If anyone has done research on cass please share.

Did you find any 2011 data for Msc in Management?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I ve also got an offer for Msc Finance from Cass. Donno whether to accept it or not...Heard its a practical course compared to those of other universities...Anybody who has accepted it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Kanika,

I am about to accept it. I am just talking to a couple of students doing the MS Finance course at Cass. Based on talks, the school has a very good reputation, the quality of students that they admit is excellent, the faculty is excellent and supportive and the course content is really good. Plus you get to choose between Quant and Corporate Finance in the second term.
I am just trying to figure out the placements scenario, but that is a function of other factors , not just Cass and its repuatation.
I hear that Cass students got good placements last year, this year thanks to the visa issues and everything else placements are a problem.
Do lemme know any inputs you get.
Cheers !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi rose2012,

I ve also heard that it is a vry gud course plus its in london...;)....hav u applied to any other university..??...im applyin to warwick and manchester also...
are u lukin for job opportunities in london itself after d masters...??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Kanika,

Yes Im applying to Oxford and maybe Imperial. Yes as of now I would wanna work in London after the course, but I believe you can look at opportunities in EU countries like Germany etc as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
k...but oxford requires work ex for msc finance...u have dat..??
N i wud b cumin bak to India after my masters so i dont hav to worry abt job opportunities over der..:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
Even I got an offer in Ms Finance and I am thinking of accepting it. Does anyone know about the placement offers(salary and place) of the previous years?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,
I am a student from India. I completed my BCom from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, India and specialized in Accounting and Finance. I am also pursuing CFA (level 2 in June 2014). I got a GMAT score of 730.
I have recently received an offer from LSE for MSc in Accounting and Finance (2014/15).
I would like to complete my course and take up a job in UK itself. Can anyone throw some light regarding the job prospects for Indian students? Does CFA help in getting an edge?
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone
My name is Naman Goel. I am from India. I did my UG from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata and have received an offer from LSE for MSc in Accounting and Finance. I do not have any prior work-ex, but I am pursuing CFA (level 2 is due in June 2014). I was worried about the job prospects in UK itself after doing the course as I have heard that MSc courses are of lesser value back here in India. Can anyone throw some light on the prospects part w.r.t. Indian Students?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
mastersinfinance wrote:
All applicants to Cass Business School and LSE for Masters programme are invited to this post..

How much time does LSE take for a decision ??

Has anyone applied for the Finance related courses ?? Specially from India .. Please reply

Hi

I've an offer from CASS for Corporate finance program and waiting for LSE and Judge to get back. I'm yet to accept offer from Cass.
GMAT Club Bot