Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:26 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1610 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I just missed a call from my interviewer and she left me a voicemail congratulating me on R2 admission. Is this the call where they communicate scholarship information or is that a separate call from Adcom?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
yellosno wrote:
I just missed a call from my interviewer and she left me a voicemail congratulating me on R2 admission. Is this the call where they communicate scholarship information or is that a separate call from Adcom?

I received my scholarship information from the AdCom directly; I think your interviewer just calls to welcome you to Fuqua and encourage you to attend BDW.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
HopefullyMBA2014 wrote:
yellosno wrote:

I received my scholarship information from the AdCom directly; I think your interviewer just calls to welcome you to Fuqua and encourage you to attend BDW.

Yes, it's a separate call from the Financial Aid Office.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Any idea when Interview invites will be sent out for R3? Are all invites sent out on Mar 30th as the Fuqua website suggests or they send it in batches?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
ashwinkumarv wrote:
Any idea when Interview invites will be sent out for R3? Are all invites sent out on Mar 30th as the Fuqua website suggests or they send it in batches?

Duke releases all updates on the dates published on the website. That goes for interview invites and for final decisions.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.68
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone here going to BDW? Also- anyone looked into housing? I heard that Station 9 has got a massive waitlist going and I'm debating about filling out an application prior to finding a roommate (which I hope to do at BDW).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Fuqua '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
BrendanWard wrote:
Anyone here going to BDW? Also- anyone looked into housing? I heard that Station 9 has got a massive waitlist going and I'm debating about filling out an application prior to finding a roommate (which I hope to do at BDW).

Yes, I'll be at BDW. I am one on the waitlist for Station 9. In speaking with the leasing manager, you have a better chance off of the waitlist if you say that your preference os to move is in July as opposed to August (something to consider).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
mp4608 wrote:
BrendanWard wrote:

Yes, I'll be at BDW. I am one on the waitlist for Station 9. In speaking with the leasing manager, you have a better chance off of the waitlist if you say that your preference os to move is in July as opposed to August (something to consider).

Does anybody know when you would need to get on the waitlist by to get into Station 9? I'm still deciding between Stern and Fuqua, but if I do end up at Duke I certainly want to live there
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Fuqua '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
packfan1 wrote:
mp4608 wrote:
BrendanWard wrote:

Does anybody know when you would need to get on the waitlist by to get into Station 9? I'm still deciding between Stern and Fuqua, but if I do end up at Duke I certainly want to live there

I don't have a specific date, but I would say ASAP once you make your decision. They begin working the waitlist on a first come first serve basis two months in advance of move in dates (i.e. July move-in date waitlist is contacted in May; August move-in date waitlist is contacted in June, etc.).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
ashwinkumarv wrote:

Duke releases all updates on the dates published on the website. That goes for interview invites and for final decisions.

thanks for the info rgupta83 :)

in which round did you apply?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys, you might want to consider go to the Duke Class of 2014 Facebook group page to discuss any housing/roomate related things. There will be a lot more people with insights there and we should probably leave this forum exclusively for admissions purpose. Just a suggestion :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ashwinkumarv wrote:

I'm pretty sure rgupta83 applied EA round. He/she is one of the most active people on Fuqua thread and had provided us lots of insights during this process :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
goooooo for the lofts at lakeview... theyre closer and nicer than station nine and the same price!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
happyface wrote:
ashwinkumarv wrote:

I'm pretty sure rgupta83 applied EA round. He/she is one of the most active people on Fuqua thread and had provided us lots of insights during this process :-D

I applied R1 but I was also a re-app so I had a little insight from my time applying R3 last year. And I am a guy in case you want to just use he in the future :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
goooooo for the lofts at lakeview... theyre closer and nicer than station nine and the same price!!!!

short works for the Lofts! :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HopefullyMBA2014 wrote:
navra wrote:
I recall some of the guys have already received their financial aid responses from AdCom. Have any of you received the supplementing pack of docs? I'm referring to R2 applicants

When a member of the AdCom called me last week to give me the heads-up on financial aid I was receiving, he mentioned that the packets would be mailed out on the front end of this week. So, I'd expect to receive the supplemental welcome documents in the next few days. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I think you can now change your username to: "FinallyMBA2014"
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
I'm thrilled that I was admitted to Duke in R2 but haven't heard anything regarding scholarship $. Without any there's no way I will be able to attend. I really hope that more of us hear from Adcom soon. I'd like to make plans for BDW but without a scholarship it would just be a big tease, haha.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts